Proper documentation

Sigtau21

I got married in august, my wife and I are going on cruise in august. In the past,she used birth certificate and drivers liscense. Now her liscense has her married name. Her birth certifcate has her maiden name. Will this create problems? What should we do?

It will not create a problem. More then 50% of all females traveling today have a different last name since birth. As long as her drivers license and the cruise documents are the same name (exactly) there wont be a problem.

When we were boarding the 11/27/04 Diamond Princess cruise the check-in person advised my 78 year old Mother who is an Elite member that if she was only going to use her birth certificate that in the future she should also have her marriage license. She is renewing her passport so this will not be a problem in the future. They did let her board and she had no problem going through immigration upon return.

Steve Hayes

I got married in august, my wife and I are going on cruise in august. In the past,she used birth certificate and drivers liscense. Now her liscense has her married name. Her birth certifcate has her maiden name. Will this create problems? What should we do?

Until I got a passport I also used my birth certificate and marriage license along with my photo drivers license and had no problem. If you plan to cruise more I strongly suggest a passport. It sure makes life easier.

Marilyn

Archived