Disney Halloween at the High Seas Cruise - Labor Day Weekend????

Ariel123

In January 2015, my family and I purchased TWO verandah suites on the Disney Fantasy sailing from Sept. 5 using a travel agent.

Today I received our cruise packet from DCL and on the cover is the tagline: "Disney Halloween High Seas Cruise." I have four VERY young children, the youngest are 1, 3 and 5. They are terrified of all things Halloween - ghosts, bats, witches.

Receiving this cruise packet is the first I had heard that this cruise would be part of the Halloween sailing. So, I called DCL. They confirmed that this sailing was indeed a Halloween sailing and that it was just added 3 weeks ago.

I feel deceived in SO many ways.

1. DCL changed this sailing to a Halloween sailing when I was already inside the 60 day window to incur a penalty when changing my sail date. Talk about being deceptive!

2. My TA never contacted me to tell me about this change.

DCL said that they could not help me at all. I already have my airline tickets booked for my family of six, hotels for before and after, etc. I have traveled to WDW and stayed in the resorts many times and the cast member told me that despite my customer loyalty to the Disney brand, they would not even offer me on board credit or anything.

Isn't DCL known for their excellent customer service? What should I do??? TIA!

Another poster went thru this a few weeks ago. The bottom line is that you are essentially stuck. You can accept the cruise "as is" or you can cancel and accept the associated penalty.

The flip side is that the halloween stuff isn't a huge deal. And since you have 2 suites, you will essentially not need to leave the suite if you don't want to.

Also, it is NOT true that DCL changed dates 3 weeks ago.

This post dated as early as June 22, shows the DCL website stating that the Fantasy has HOTHS cruises from 9/5

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46915965&postcount=23

You need to speak to your TA and get them to compensate or make things right. Not DCL.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

We are dealing with the same situation. We are traveling with one small child who is very afraid of all things Halloween. We were not advised in advance that DCL was going to be celebrating Halloween on the 9/5/15 sail. At this point we have booked flights, hotels and arranged time off from work. Changing dates is not an option. I suppose we will be spending lots of time in our veranda room. We are SO disappointed and feel very let down by Disney. If we would have known in Feb.l 2015 when we booked the cruise that Halloween would have been celebrated 9/5 we would have sailed a week earlier.

We are dealing with the same situation. We are traveling with one small child who is very afraid of all things Halloween. We were not advised in advance that DCL was going to be celebrating Halloween on the 9/5/15 sail. At this point we have booked flights, hotels and arranged time off from work. Changing dates is not an option. I suppose we will be spending lots of time in our veranda room. We are SO disappointed and feel very let down by Disney. If we would have known in Feb.l 2015 when we booked the cruise that Halloween would have been celebrated 9/5 we would have sailed a week earlier.

Maybe you and Ariel123 can exchange contact details and share your time aboard isolated in your Staterooms on the verandahs to pass the time hiding away from the atrium and a corridor with halloween window clings of pumpkins? ;)

You both are making a bigger deal out of this than you need to and without experience of a HOTHS cruise.

ex techie

Interesting...2 first time posters with the same concerns on the same night.

Yes that is interesting....guess we are on the same cruise. Maybe there will be more upset customers that find out they will be celebrating Halloween on 9/5 via their sail away packets that are starting to arrive in the mail!

The thought that it's ok to celebrate Halloween on labor day weekend (the summers unofficial last holiday) just doesn't seem right! Let's celebrate Halloween before the first weekend of NFL even starts.