Country Inn & Suites - yes or no?

metairiegal

Getting confused about where to stay for 1 night prior (will be taking our own car to port - when the cruise is over I like to jump in the car and not wait for a shuttle). We currently have Country Inn & Suites booked (have stayed there before) but I have been reading some bad reviews.

Any other recommendations? It is just dh and myself and we don't have to stay right next to the port and don't care about beachfront or pool. Just want something pleasant and clean!

We stayed there years ago, and at that time I thought it was a fine hotel. We are staying there again this Thurs. night before we leave on the Dream. I can report back to you on Mon when we get back ;)

Great, I would appreciate it! Thanks so much. :)

Have a great cruise! :)

I'm with Logie'sMom. We have stayed there a couple of times in the past and found the accommodations nice enough, the staff friendly and the ability to leave our car(rental or otherwise) at their lot for nothing, as well as the shuttle which is a very short ride, convenient. I would definitely stay there again. I look forward to Logie'sMom's updated report. :)

As above--no problems with this hotel at all, but that is not a recent report as our cruises in the last year have not been out of Port Canaveral.

Be sure you are reading about the one at the port. It is nicer than the one near MCO (which is also OK, friendly but tends to attract school groups.)

You're talking about the one in Port Canaveral?

Wife and I stayed there back in October, pretty nice hotel, reasonably priced. The outdoor pool was sweet. Walking distance to a diner-type restaurant (can't remember the name). Had to wait about 90 minutes for the shuttle to the terminal on departure day - they pretty much only had one guy driving people.

You're talking about the one in Port Canaveral?

Wife and I stayed there back in October, pretty nice hotel, reasonably priced. The outdoor pool was sweet. Walking distance to a diner-type restaurant (can't remember the name). Had to wait about 90 minutes for the shuttle to the terminal on departure day - they pretty much only had one guy driving people.

Yes, the one closest to the port (Port Canaveral).

As I mentioned in my original post, we never take the shuttle. My one splurge is parking at the port. When it is over, I do not want to wait for any shuttle (or going to the ship either-especially 90 minutes!).

We've also stayed at the Radisson, which is very close to the port, too. (And, to the Manatee Park!) IMHO, they are about the same. Except breakfast is included at CI&S. At the Radisson, we walked across the street to the McDonalds.

Edited by metairiegal

Yes, the one closest to the port (Port Canaveral).

As I mentioned in my original post, we never take the shuttle. My one splurge is parking at the port. When it is over, I do not want to wait for any shuttle (or going to the ship either-especially 90 minutes!).

We've also stayed at the Radisson, which is very close to the port, too. (And, to the Manatee Park!) IMHO, they are about the same. Except breakfast is included at CI&S. At the Radisson, we walked across the street to the McDonalds.

We have stayed there a few times and we always park at the main port parking garage for the same reason. We were just there last June and it was fine, no issues. We will be staying there again next month. I'm paying $129.12 including all tax for a Friday night for my family of four this time around. Staying there is fun because almost all of the guests are jumping on a cruise ship the next morning.

I think you will be fine. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

We have stayed there a few times and we always park at the main port parking garage for the same reason. We were just there last June and it was fine, no issues. We will be staying there again next month. I'm paying $129.12 including all tax for a Friday night for my family of four this time around. Staying there is fun because almost all of the guests are jumping on a cruise ship the next morning.

I think you will be fine. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Our ressie is for 1 night next month, too. We got a senior rate for the 2 of us of $128.45 including tax. I am anxious to hear how it was for LogiesMom this week.

I hope you have a great cruise, too!

We usually stay at the Hapton Inn Titusville, at I-95 and Highway 50 from Orlando. About 20 minutes to the port in the morning, free breakfast, we also park at the port.

Also, if you want seafood, try Dixie Crossroads in Titusville. You can google it and get the address. Their webpage has a coupon for a free appetizer. They have 5 or 6 kinds of shrimp on the menu, very fresh, reasonable prices. Was really impressed, but its an older place, low on ambiance.

We just checked into the hotel. It is just fine. Front desk staff was very nice, room is clean and it is, as you know, very convenient. We have already been out in the pool. Can't wait to set sail tomorrow :)

• 2 weeks later...
We just checked into the hotel. It is just fine. Front desk staff was very nice, room is clean and it is, as you know, very convenient. We have already been out in the pool. Can't wait to set sail tomorrow :)

Hope you had a good cruise. Anything else you can tell us about the hotel?