Life, LIBERTY, and the Pursuit of an Awesome Cruise- Review 4/5-4/12 Southern Caribbe

Thank you for a wonderful review! I enjoyed the details you provided! Your photos were beautiful!

Orient Beach was unbelievably beautiful!! Unfortunately, my cohorts (DH and our best friends) are dead set on a Carnival scavenger hunt excursion. (Running the streets of a hot city?? I am from New Orleans, and I get LOTS of hot!) I absolutely want to see the planes at Maho. So I will not make Orient.

• 2 weeks later...
your husband will love to scuba in St. Lucia. We had our honeymoon there and dove every day; it is my favorite island and looking forward to return if even for a day.

Fair winds and following seas

Who did you dive with on St. Lucia? Do you know if there is anyone who will take a snorkeler along with a diver?

Who did you dive with on St. Lucia? Do you know if there is anyone who will take a snorkeler along with a diver?

We used Sandals the first time and Dive Fair Helen this time. Typically divers and snorkelers go to different places so I am not sure of a "combo" trip even if the operator offers both. Next time I will try Scuba St. Lucia as their location is prime for both boat and shore diving (I am sure snorkeling can be accommodated)

Fair winds and Following seas~~~~ Enjoy!!!

We had FTTF for the 4/26 sailing. There was no tendering at all and people board this ship at various times all throughout the day because sailing is so late, so the lines weren't huge when we checked in at about 11:15. If you're on the fence about FTTF, you can definitely do without it on this cruise. However, we always get it if available. I like to be first on and first off. And I love the convenience of having my room ready and early luggage delivery. Also I've been able to skip long lines at customer service a couple of times. So I prefer to get it, but to be honest. You could do without it at this port.

We will be on a cruise out of San Juan next year . Right now Carnival is saying embarkment begins at 2:30 since we don't leave port until 10pm. Did you or anyone else have a problem with early embarkment ? We'd like to embark no later than noon. Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be on a cruise out of San Juan next year . Right now Carnival is saying embarkment begins at 2:30 since we don't leave port until 10pm. Did you or anyone else have a problem with early embarkment ? We'd like to embark no later than noon. Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all depends on when the ship gets in and how quickly they disembark the previous cruisers.

Our first time on the Valor in Oct. 2013, we got on the ship around Noon with no problems.

This time, Sept. 20th, 2015, we weren't allowed on the ship until 2:30pm. They got in an hour or two late and had a very late disembarkation...so we ended up having to wait in line outside and then inside... but it wasn't "horrible"...it still went fairly smoothly, but if it had been my first experience, I probably would not recommend coming before 2:30 again... LOL. But if you watch the web cam and it looks like the ship comes in on time (around 6am or so) then you could probably show up around 11:30 and at least get into the air-conditioned building even if they don't let you on the ship right away...