Normal PVP behavior?

Taylors

3 years ago we went on a cruise. At that time we must have been assigned a PVP. after the cruise any time I would look at sales or price out a sailing she would call (usually within 12 hours) after asking her politely several times to stop calling me I changed my email and phone number on my account.

Fast forward to now, we've put a room on hold while we finalize coordination with the rest in our party. Well, she called me today. Told me who she was, asked how she could help. I told her we were set and didn't need anything. She then tells me that she is taking over my reservation and the reservation of my parents (I put a room on hold for them too) and asked me if I could tell them she took over their reservation too.

Apparently she called both my parents, my husband and then finally me. I'm totally annoyed by her stockerish behavior and am wondering if this is typical of a PVP and how I can remove myself from their lists?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have never used a PVP however, when we took a break from Carnival and moved over to RC, the calls started. When we failed to book our regular fall cruise via Carnival, I received a phone call from someone who identified herself as the PVP who I worked with last year?????? Nope. I explained to her that I had never used a PVP & that we were trying RC. I thought it would stop there but no, she continued to call & when I did not answer she began emailing me! These were not just the regular Carnival emails either. I never did figure it out. Maybe she was brand new & trying to do a really good job? Maybe she had me mixed up with someone else? Who knows but, it was getting a bit stalkerish LOL! :D

I have never used a PVP however, when we took a break from Carnival and moved over to RC, the calls started. When we failed to book our regular fall cruise via Carnival, I received a phone call from someone who identified herself as the PVP who I worked with last year?????? Nope. I explained to her that I had never used a PVP & that we were trying RC. I thought it would stop there but no, she continued to call & when I did not answer she began emailing me! These were not just the regular Carnival emails either. I never did figure it out. Maybe she was brand new & trying to do a really good job? Maybe she had me mixed up with someone else? Who knows but, it was getting a bit stalkerish LOL! :D

Maybe it's the same one [emoji23]

I like "researching" cruises. (Obviously, as I'm on CC and likely won't cruise for several months.) My PVP calls if I put an itinerary on hold for DH to see or if I've been logging into Carnival's site. If I'm not interested in talking with him, I don't answer. He called just the other day, and I told him I was just looking and would give him a call if we decided. Frankly, I felt bad for wasting his time.

That said, he's responsive and proactive but not pushy. He's been happy to answer questions previously about ships, excursions, policies, etc. I can find most of that info online, but it's nice to have a human voice around. If he were pushy, I could see it being an issue.

I'm just amazed at all of you who get calls and emails all the time from Carnival. I am a VIFP Platinum, have dealt most of the time except for the early days with the same PVP and absolutely have no problem with her. She calls sometimes for a Bon Voyage call, but other than that, she doesn't call me. We have an excellent relationship, when I do call it's always fun to chat, I let her know who all in my normal group are planning to go and she'll hold the rooms together so everyone can be close by, makes sure we get linked for dinner and any other things we need. Now to the on line part. I know I'm crazy, but I look on line every day to see if there are any great deals I can't refuse, or if the price of my booked cruise may have changed. I have NEVER been contacted by anyone from Carnival as a result of that. I have very seldom received any emails from them other than cabin confirmations. I have actually contacted Customer Service several times about why I DON'T get emails when I know others in my group do, and they can't figure it out. I know with other cruise lines, the minute I look at something, some travel agent calls practically before I get off the computer, and I'm bombarded with daily emails, so don't know why i don't get any from Carnival. The last cruise my group went on, one of the ladies used her Travel Agency, and it was a major ordeal to be able to get her linked up with our group because my PVP couldn't talk to her, only the TA, but we finally got it done. Unless something drastically changes, I'll stick with my PVP!

Maybe we're just lucky , but we've taken several Cruises w/ Carnival over the last 10 years , I've booked most of them online , have used 2 different PVP's , both of whom we're very helpful when I called them , and I'm constantly on their website looking for info on future cruises , but in all this time I've never received 1 phone call , letter , e-mail , etc from a PVP. I see this type of thread often about these constant calls from PVP's , especially linked to their website use , but it's never happened here. Sort of making me feel like the unwanted stepchild.

I had a great one I used to book my last cruise. Since then, they assigned me a new pvp without telling me and he was incessantly calling and emailing me. He even sent me a text one day! I called him back one night to ask him what happened to my old pvp (no longer with the company was his response) and to ask him to stop calling me. I told him I would call him if I was interested in booking. After telling me that was fine, he called and emailed me the very next morning. Carnival sent me an email survey asking about my phone interactions so I let them know what had been going on. I haven't received a call since.

That being said, does anyone know how you go about requesting a new pvp? I really enjoyed working with one, but I'm over the one they assigned to me.

*Never had a problem, had Katie sheets before she left the company and new guy now, who I know I can't name. I usualy start looking in january, he called on the first search to let me know Katie had left carnival, and he was my new pvp. I let him know what cruises and ships I like, what specials I wait to book under. He only calls when one of the specials I like on a ship I like are happening. Never bothers me otherwise, no matter how often I'm online searching.

I see these evil pvp posts a lot, and wonder what people talk about, I love a pvp, I figure the cruise, tell them, they call when it's a sale I want, help me pick a room (avoiding under dance clubs, etc) and a quick follow up before the cruise. If I have no problems, I never call. I did have issues getting a price guarantee once, thy kept saying I couldn't get it after moving to a state that had a deal, because I booked under a different address. 2 min call to the pvp, and got my lower price.

They can't hurt your cruise, they're there to help, let them have the bookimg, it changes NOTHING.

talk about timing, Facebook chatting with my pvp now. Trying to see what to book in Miami or fll now that theres no dream class out of that area, and I have friends who live I Miami I'm booking with

Edited by pbsteve

A PVP is not a travel agent or third party person. She is an employee of the company you are doing business with, and they have assigned her to you in order to assist with any questions/concerns/issues you may have with your upcoming trip. There really is no downside, only upside for you. If you do have any reason to contact Carnival instead of calling the regular call center and getting a random person you have a POC.

Also her behavior isn't "stalking" its her job. Every time I search online for cruises I get an email and a phone call from my PVP (who I also have never actually made a reservation with, she was just assigned when I booked my first cruise, since I do everything online.) If you don't want your PVP to know you are searching for cruises and thus call you, then don't log-in when you search. Problem solved. I personally just ignore my PVP, unless I need something from her.

No to the no! That is completely stalking, especially when they've asked her not to call and she continues, and calls her family members. Not only is it stalking, but illegal. Once someone asks you not to call, the company can be fined if they continue.

I check prices all the time, and I never get a call. I made it clear that I will always book on my own and I had no need for a PVP. I don't have any issues any longer.

(

No to the no! That is completely stalking, especially when they've asked her not to call and she continues, and calls her family members. Not only is it stalking, but illegal. Once someone asks you not to call, the company can be fined if they continue.

I check prices all the time, and I never get a call. I made it clear that I will always book on my own and I had no need for a PVP. I don't have any issues any longer.

Illegal? Based on what? It's like an amazon rep cling saying they will handle your recent purchase, and if there's any problems to call them.

Or, a sales rep for any company, you order online they cal, you now have a paper supply guy for the office... drug rep for the dr, equipment rep for the construction company, fleet rep for your company cars.

I think if they were names reservation representative, no one would say a word, I can't recall the number of times xerox has called me.

Edited by pbsteve

3 years ago we went on a cruise. At that time we must have been assigned a PVP. after the cruise any time I would look at sales or price out a sailing she would call (usually within 12 hours) after asking her politely several times to stop calling me I changed my email and phone number on my account.

Fast forward to now, we've put a room on hold while we finalize coordination with the rest in our party. Well, she called me today. Told me who she was, asked how she could help. I told her we were set and didn't need anything. She then tells me that she is taking over my reservation and the reservation of my parents (I put a room on hold for them too) and asked me if I could tell them she took over their reservation too.

Apparently she called both my parents, my husband and then finally me. I'm totally annoyed by her stockerish behavior and am wondering if this is typical of a PVP and how I can remove myself from their lists?

Someone I knew who worked at NCL said they had to call 150 people a day (ridiculous number!). CCL likely has the same/similar quota too. Sadly, the cruise lines value number of outbound calls rather than the quality of the relationships made (Long lasting).

Edited by mintsugarcube