Fantasia from Dubai December 2016

Hami1966

We are currently booked in a Bella balcony but considered upgrading to Fantastica. Mainly because I read in the MSC brochure that at busy times Bella customers may have to eat in the buffet not the MDR. Is the upgrade worth the money? I'm guessing we would get a better positioned cabin (currently in 8066). It's approx £50 each to upgrade. Thanks everyone

Chris

We are currently booked in a Bella balcony but considered upgrading to Fantastica. Mainly because I read in the MSC brochure that at busy times Bella customers may have to eat in the buffet not the MDR. Is the upgrade worth the money? I'm guessing we would get a better positioned cabin (currently in 8066). It's approx £50 each to upgrade. Thanks everyone

Chris

I would upgrade in a heart beat, with Bella you don't have to eat in the buffet but you may not get your desired dining time. You also get a better location and bigger room.

You can also get continental breakfast delivered to your cabin free with Fantastica and it is not available with Bella. I always get my cuppa and some bread to my cabin and then get my omelette later in the MDR when I've woken up properly!

There is a risk on a full cruise, that they cannot accommodate everyone in the MDRs, so some get bumped to the buffet. Happened to me once years ago before the experiences came in. sTill had a waiter and table with table cloths etc in a section at the back of the buffet. Buffets didn't use to be open at dinner. No idea what they do now with the buffet open.