Marco polo

Nawiyrrap

Hope you get some replies as I am quite interested in the July 2018 version. Don't understand why that particular cruise is in all the CMV literature on UK sites but the US CMV site omits the Greenland cruise. I assume they will sell it to North Americans.

Got confirmation that the July 28, 2018 Greenland adventure on Marco Polo is open for sale to North Americans. But, today, my TA informed me that only two GTY oceanview cabins remained. I booked them. Will be very interested in hearing from CC members on the 2017 edition of this same itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...

We also booked on the 2018 Marco Polo Greenland cruise. Will be the first time for us on the Marco Polo so cannot really help. :o

We've been to Qaqortoq Greenland in 2011 just for one day on a cruise. It was a very small town. We were on the Emerald Princess and the population on board was probably larger than the town.:rolleyes:

What can I say about Greenland, you can see icebergs even in the southern most area where we landed. We saw a snow rabbit. If you are lucky a whale. We didn't see a whale though. You can see them sell seal meat at the harbour. You can see the population which are really Greenlandic people, there are few / some white, I guess Danish. A Chinese passenger was so happy to say they looked like her, so you can imagine how most look. The Greenland people are friendly. They all knew the ship was in and I have a feeling they were told to be friendly and there were some events held, I think for this big ship. Events were canoeing and kids dancing. :cool:

I'm amazed with diplomats ;), we've just been on the Astoria seeking northern lights. it was a very good trip. We had rough seas and were on deck one sleeping just under sea level. We were also interested in the very old ships. Going from Tilbury the oldest cruise port in the UK according to CMV. We picked up a brochure at the future cruise desk on Astoria and the Greenland cruise looks very nice in there. :')