Aft Balcony or courtyard haven Escape

pateng

I am currently booked in an aft balcony deck room on my upcoming cruise on the Escape and have been invited to bid for an upgrade. I am considering bidding for a courtyard haven but I am unsure if the loss of my current big balcony would be a worthwhile trade off for a haven room. Additionally, would a courtyard haven have more motion (than AFT) as the haven area on the escape is further forward. Just looking for feedback from those whom have stayed in the courtyard haven rooms on the Escape.

• 1 month later...

I have been in a Haven H5 on deck 18 on the Escape which was pretty far forward and an aft balcony stateroom on deck 12 on the Getaway which is almost exactly the same ship as the Escape. I really didn't notice any difference in movement between the two. Both cruises had pretty calm seas though.

We really enjoyed the large balcony we had on the Getaway.

Be careful with those aft cabins on the higher decks. Spice H2O is very loud till late at night. Didnt really bother me too much but I am sure it would be very annoying to others. I was right under the speakers and it was like Jurassic Park in my cabin at times...water bouncing in the glasses.

We are also booked in an Aft balcony on our December cruise on Escape. I was very excited when I got the chance to bid for a Haven upgrade last week. I was mostly dreaming of the Haven Spa suite with the whirlpool tub. After talking to the hubby we decided to withdraw our bid and just pay for the Thermal Suite package for the week. We get the Spa access for half the cost of minimum bid on the Spa suite and still get to have our big balcony which we will use a lot. I feel like it's best of both worlds!