Aft balconies on the Glory

bigdawgmatty

We have a group booked for next year on deck 6 in the Glory aft balconies. We have heard that the balconies don't open up into one large balcony (from another cruiser) but they DO appear to open up in a video I just saw. Has anyone reading this stayed in one of them and if so, did the partitions open up?

Thanks!

We were on the Glory Nov 2013 and had 15 balconies in a row, including the aft wrap and half the aft balconies. We inquired, and I believe the answer was that yes they CAN be opened, but must stay that way the duration of the cruise. There's no changing your mind day by day or to get privacy at night but party all day.

That was 2 years ago, but it's something to grasp onto!

We cruised with friends, on the Glory, a couple years ago, and had aft cabins. We did ask our room steward to open the door between our balconys and he did. It does not, however, open fully, to one large balcony. Only the door between them opens. We could go back and forth to our rooms via the balcony rather than the hallway, but our balcony was really no larger.

We have a group booked for next year on deck 6 in the Glory aft balconies. We have heard that the balconies don't open up into one large balcony (from another cruiser) but they DO appear to open up in a video I just saw. Has anyone reading this stayed in one of them and if so, did the partitions open up?

Thanks!

I hate to ask but what are your cruise dates? I am booked on the Jan 16th - 23rd cruise on the Glory in a deck 6 aft balcony room with my husband. We were looking forward to a relaxing somewhat quiet cruise.The last thing I want during this long vacation is a huge group of people making a bunch of noise next to us. (I have no idea if your group would do that but larger groups tend to be noisy). We are booked in 6454 I believe.

If you could kindly let me know, I would greatly appreciate it as chances are I would move due to your group. Thanks.

The balcony doors do open up. However the steward will generally not open more than 1 connecting door due to safety. I have found that if you have small pair of scissors that will fit into the lock you can easily open & close them as you desire.