Glory review with pictures

Donfairview2001

My wife Amy and I booked the Glory for Sept 12th 2015 as our 20th anniversary cruise. We have only been on one other cruise, it was our honeymoon a 3 or 4 day carnival cruise. We were supposed to go to Cozumel that time but ended up in the Bahamas and Key West because a hurricane rerouted us. This time we’d see Cozumel with any luck!

I’m really not a journal kind of guy in my daily life so if it’s ok in this review I’ll just kind of tell you about most of the ship experiences in one or two posts since they kind of blend into one big outstanding day at sea for me! Then I’ll try to do each port separate.

Embarkation day.

We got to the port of Miami about 1:30pm. We moved through the first line in the terminal quickly. They scan your passports and check that you have your paperwork. Then you head into the longer and last line before boarding. It was about a 50 min wait in the line to check in and board the ship. The Carnival employees at the terminal are just great people. When we boarded it was great to be able to go right to our rooms because they were ready. Most of our bags were already there. We dropped our backpacks off and started exploring the ship right away. Had a bite to eat on the Lido deck and went to the bow to say goodbye to Miami. I had read about going to the bow end of passenger deck six on the Glory and right out onto the bow. You are just below the bridge and it was indeed a great view! Nice, three thousand guests on board and we were one less than 10 up here checking out this site. It really felt good to be settled and on board.

We then had our short mandatory safety briefing. After that the boys Noah 17 and Eli 15 were off on their own to explore and people watch.* We took a walk up to the spa to hear about the weeks activities and enter in chance to win some spa gifts. Then Amy and I convinced my daughter Hope who just turned 11 to go check out camp Carnival with us. Hope thought it wouldn’t be any fun to go, she figured she was too old for that. Jenna the youth director was so nice to her, she talked to Hope with such enthusiasm about the week ahead. By the time we left Hope had a schedule in hand and had marked off stuff she really wanted to come back and do during the week! At 11 she was old enough to check herself in and out of camp. She really liked picking things she wanted to go do and then coming back and meeting us when they were over.

Our dinner seating is 6pm, we have nine in our extended family and we quickly find out that we got SO lucky in our table location. It was right at the back of the ship looking out into the ocean and ships wake.* We met our wait staff and team lead “Jack” they would spoil us all week. We never missed a sit down 6pm dinner. We just loved food and the service. My wife and I ate vegetarian and even though we had less choices than the carnivores the food was outstanding and we certainly didn’t feel deprived. My dad had a few meals he wasn’t happy with. He had tough meat on three different nights. Veal, prime rib and a pork all were tough to him. I wish he would have accepted Jacks offers to get him another choice but he did not. The desserts of course were just great for us all!

1443908986482.jpg.56ef68a189875c662123cf4a966aa1a9.jpg

1443909605740.jpg.c5cb038df8e74ee776c14832605494c0.jpg

1443909641339.jpg.bd861407ee7047705f9c65f7076e0f26.jpg

1443909793613.jpg.54870e37a9301bb4bf47889d96136e82.jpg

1443909810739.jpg.f084431c95e945495cf49ff9630f4257.jpg

• 1 month later...
Thanks for doing this. Not sure why you didn't get the attention that it deserved right after you posted. I will be sailing on the Glory in December and just found this thread. Did you enjoy your cruise? Any tips for folks who have not cruised on the Glory before?

I was just going to say that! I will be on Glory in December too and I have been looking for everything on Glory and I don't know how I missed this thread!!!

• 2 weeks later...