Venice San Basillo pier overnight with WindStar?

MTJtraveller

Hello! We are sailing on the Star Breeze in early October and I have a question about Windstars location at the San Basillo pier. I have disembarked there 10 years ago on Wind Spirit and it was so easy to disembark and catch the WaterBus to our hotel location.

1) I'm planning on taking a water taxi to the San Basillo pier for our overnight. Is this the way to go rather than thru the regular port entrance? Wanted to make sure I could enter this way.

2) How easy is it to then catch the water bus from San Stae stop after we checked in to the ship? Can we come and go thru there rather than going to the main port? How late is security going that evening?

3) Any experiences or tips you'd like to share?

Thanks for your help! 50 days till I leave!

The San Basilio piers are completely separate from the main Maratima. Cruise Terminal. With an overnight at San Basilio the cruise terminal there will Security as well as ships Security. So you will be free to come and go as you wish. Vaporetto service to the adjacent Vaporetto Stop does not run on many routes at night. You can access San Basilio by road taxi or on on foot from Piazzale de Roma 24 hours a day.