April 2018 schedule

October 2015 they released the April 2017 cruises (majority of them) with the rest being released in April 2016 I think. Schedules for release however are a bit hit and miss at the moment so its hard to tell but I would think that some will be released towards October/November time and then any not released in that tranch will be early next year.

Historically the Dream and Fantasy schedules have been released as a block, 16-18 months before the cruises started. This is based in part on the contract with Port Canaveral that required the larger ships to have a specified number of dockings at PC per year. Essentially, DCL must keep one of them doing 3/4 night cruises and the other doing 7 night cruises out of PC to meet the terms of the contract. This allows for only minimal variation in where the ships go.

There have been times when the Wonder and Magic cruise schedules were not released until 12-14 months before the cruises. This was presumed to reflect the fact that these ships were doing more unusual cruises which required more effort to book ports, etc.

[QUOTE=moki'smommy;50293213]Historically the Dream and Fantasy schedules have been released as a block, 16-18 months before the cruises started. This is based in part on the contract with Port Canaveral that required the larger ships to have a specified number of dockings at PC per year. Essentially, DCL must keep one of them doing 3/4 night cruises and the other doing 7 night cruises out of PC to meet the terms of the contract. This allows for only minimal variation in where the ships go.

There have been times when the Wonder and Magic cruise schedules were not released until 12-14 months before the cruises. This was presumed to reflect the fact that these ships were doing more unusual cruises which required more effort to book ports, etc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help moki'smommy, we are looking to do the Eastern Caribbean hopefully on Fantasy. I will keep checking in Oct. and Nov. to see if anything is up yet.....Thanks again !

[quote name='RCI Cruisers 004']Thanks for your help moki'smommy, we are looking to do the Eastern Caribbean hopefully on Fantasy. I will keep checking in Oct. and Nov. to see if anything is up yet.....Thanks again ![/QUOTE]

My TA gets the information a day or two before Platinum booking opens--not much lead, but enough that they can contact their clients and find out what people want to have booked as soon as the phone lines open. You might consider signing up for the FB or e-mail posts of a couple of agencies that specialize in DCL. This doesn't mean that you are obligated to use them for booking, but it does mean that you are less likely to miss the info when it comes out. Prices go up as the ships fill, so sometimes it does make a difference. They don't get price info, they just get what cruises will be available. Usually booking opens to the general public a day or two after the Platinum/gold date. Edited by moki'smommy