Kristiansand

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also looking for some first hand accounts/reports of how to spend the day in Kristiansand. I've been looking at the boat ride to Lillesand, but wonder if there is much to see there or not. Considering we'll have been on the ship sailing for 7 days at that point, I don't "need" the boat ride itself (and we have 2 others booked in Geiranger and Stavenger). But if it does show a unique side that is different than the fjords, it might be worth it.

I tried to do some research on the boat ride to Lillesand. It seems that the boat starts in Lillesand and ends in Kristiansand, at least that is the way the schedule looks online and agrees with the information I got from one of the tourist information reps I emailed. I believe there is a way to take the bus from Kristiansand into Lillesand that is not too difficult.

We will be in Kristiansand off the Eurodam and I believe we are going to make it a low key day and just wander the town. There is a beach there and if the weather cooperates we might take the children to the beach.

There is a combination zoo and amusement park outside of town, reachable by the public bus. However, the tickets seemed very expensive.