Infant pricing question

hisleepy

My DD will be having her 3rd birthday on the 2nd day of the cruise, when I do pricing, I should put 2 as her age, right?

Apparently kids up to 2 years old are qualified for infant pricing on DCL (if I change the age to 3, the price doubled on the official site), however a lot of sites only consider under age of 2 as infant, and so didn't give me the infant discount. Any idea on how to get around the problem?

Be wary of activities as if you put her down as 2 she may not be allowed into the oceaneers club except for open days. I'm not sure of the policy as 2 yo are not allowed to stay

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You have to present her birth certificate or passport, either of which will show her to be 2 on embarkation. So yes, you list her as 2.

Then, on her birthday you can go to GS and get a new card for her which can be coded with her age of 3. Otherwise, you keep the same age you were on embarkation. With a new card correctly coded with the new age she can go to the OC on a check in basis...same process for a 21 to be able to purchase alcohol. You can go "behind the scenes" without a new card to get kids who have a birthday on board into excursions that have the new age as a minimum or to allow an 18 to dine in Palo. You cannot do this on the computer or with a "regular" CM--you must get to a shoreside supervisor or just wait till on board when it is a lot easier.

Yes, I've been thru it twice.

The good news is that by being 2, you will pay the 2 year old "cruise fare" portion of the ticket which is half of that for a 3 year old. NOTE--I did not say price, I said "cruise fare portion." The cost of a cruise is the cruise fare, government taxes and fees, and "non-commissioned items." Everybody pays the same on the last 2 items. Only the "cruise fare" portion is reduced.

On the first day, you will not be able to drop her off in the OC as she won't meet the age requirements and they are very strict....but you can take her during open house hours so she becomes comfortable with the space.