Oceana May 2016 - Embarkation

Holmemead

We did this same cruise last year. We got to the ship around 10ish and after embarkation proceedure went on board and were able to drop off our hand luggage. We went for a meal and the announcement that our cabins were ready came at about 1.30pm. It depends which deck your cabin is as to how soon they are available. All very smooth. You may get to your cabin before your luggage, so if you want to freshen up/change clothes etc. have the necessaries in your hand luggage.

HI ... is the port close to the actual town of Genoa ? Our flight lands at 10:40am and I was thinking about having a wander round the town before we get on the ship as have never been to Genoa but only if the town is within walking distance from the port. Does anyone know what time the ship sets sail from Genoa? Thanks.:):)

HI ... is the port close to the actual town of Genoa ? Our flight lands at 10:40am and I was thinking about having a wander round the town before we get on the ship as have never been to Genoa but only if the town is within walking distance from the port. Does anyone know what time the ship sets sail from Genoa? Thanks.:):)

It's in the middle of town and the airport is very close as well.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

They will take you straight from the airport to the ship. If will then have your picture taken and cruise card given to you. So I doubt you will be able to walk round first, you would however be able to get off afterwards and have a wander. You are quite close to town though. When are you going?

They will take you straight from the airport to the ship. If will then have your picture taken and cruise card given to you. So I doubt you will be able to walk round first, you would however be able to get off afterwards and have a wander. You are quite close to town though. When are you going?

Oh right - that's fine though. We could go and have some lunch on board and then pop off for a walk before the boat drill I suppose. No biggie if we can't, just thought it was an opportunity to visit a town I haven't been to. :):)

Does anyone know what time she tends to sailaway from Genoa ?