Cape Liberty Bus from Providence RI or Boston ?

MikeMA

Hi all I cruised on the Explorer of the Seas out of Cape Liberty about 9 years ago. We took a bus from Providence straight to the pier. I have discovered the company Ent Tours is no longer in service. I was wondering if there is another option from Providence or even Boston that doesn't involve making too many switches. I don't mind a bus going close to port and then having to take a short Uber or Taxi. I really hope there is something out there. Thanks for any help

Hi all I cruised on the Explorer of the Seas out of Cape Liberty about 9 years ago. We took a bus from Providence straight to the pier. I have discovered the company Ent Tours is no longer in service. I was wondering if there is another option from Providence or even Boston that doesn't involve making too many switches. I don't mind a bus going close to port and then having to take a short Uber or Taxi. I really hope there is something out there. Thanks for any help

When exactly would you be doing this? Unfortunately there is no longer a cruise bus to the pier from the Boston/Providence area.

I cruise regularly from Cape Liberty and now either drive or take the train. In the winter I always go down the day before to allow for weather issues and I always have a plan B in case of a really bad storm. Post your dates and number of people and I will make suggestions.

We are looking at next Summer in the Adventure of the Seas. Late July or early Aug. Before booking though we want to see on what the options are. So far in my research I have found using Peter Oan from Providence to Newark and then taxi or Uber to cape liberty. Bus was $49/pp each way then taxi Im reading about $45-50 each way. Basically for 4 it looks like about $500-$550 for transportation. Sound right? Looking for simplest option as we'll have two young kids with us so hopping too much around isn't ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are looking at next Summer in the Adventure of the Seas. Late July or early Aug. Before booking though we want to see on what the options are. So far in my research I have found using Peter Oan from Providence to Newark and then taxi or Uber to cape liberty. Bus was $49/pp each way then taxi Im reading about $45-50 each way. Basically for 4 it looks like about $500-$550 for transportation. Sound right? Looking for simplest option as we'll have two young kids with us so hopping too much around isn't ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why not drive down the night before, get a hotel and park at the port? That will be way less than $500-550 for a 7 day cruise. It's only 3-3.5 hours. You should also be able to get a park/sleep cruise package through trinityreservations.com at EWR that includes a room, parking, and round trip port transportation for 4 people for under $250 tax included.

Coming down the day of the cruise is not advised.

Just not a huge fan of having to drive home 4 hours after cruising for 7 days. I understand it's not all that bad, but I just prefer to fly or let someone else drive. Thank you for the info. I will keep it handy.

We actually ended up booking with Carnival instead. We've sailed on the Magic before and the Dream is her sister ship. Flying into NOLA and will stay at a hotel by the airport the day before. Then the following day they have shuttles to pier for $12 pp or an Uber for about $30-35. Couldn't beat the price we got. Came in about $1700 less than any sailings on the Adventure and they had reduced deposit. Factor in driving down and parking etc and I'll save about 500 even after paying for airfare.