Interested in a private tour in St. Petersburg on Silver Whisper starting June 30th?

jccruiser2017

Hi,

We are two passengers on Silversea Whisper who will be taking a 2-day private tour of St. Petersburg on July 3rd and 4th. Extensive research (and emails) has narrowed it down to SPB or TJ Travel (most likely SPB, also #1 on TA). Both tours go to the main highlights and are virtually identical. Because we booked Hermitage and Nevsky Prospect group tours through Silversea on July 5th, we wish to replace those two activities with the Grand Choral Synagogue and one or two other places (the companies provided options, and we can all decide). Are there another two people who would like to join us? The price for four would be $288 per person.

We used SPB for three days in October. We did go to Grand Choral and were very glad we did. Talked to the rabbi and bought stacking dolls there that were painted Jewish characters. Gift shop purchases help support the synagogue.

Definitely go see the Faberge Museum. It is very impressive.

I've booked with SPB for our Silver Whisper cruise in August. Sadly, it seems Silversea cruisers don't participate in the Roll Calls in Cruise Critic often. Hope you will post here on your experience on the tours and the cruise in general.

I've booked with SPB for our Silver Whisper cruise in August. Sadly, it seems Silversea cruisers don't participate in the Roll Calls in Cruise Critic often. Hope you will post here on your experience on the tours and the cruise in general.

It seems that you're an experienced cruiser. In any case.... one thing is to book your restaurant resv 90 days out --- do it the first moment you can. They booked up FAST. If you reply again in July, I'll get notified and would be glad to tell you of our experience.

We used Red October for two days of touring, and they really catered to our wishes. We dined with a former Bolshoi ballerina at her home, went up to a rickety attic studio and met a Russian artist, had potato vodka at a store they opened just for us, and when we went to the Hermitage and Catherine's Palace, they had a person wait at the head of the line so we could walk in first. I would book with them in a heartbeat again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums