Celebrity Eclipse 03/19/17-04/02/17

asacol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to meet you! Amazing- you guys are lucky that you get to cruise so often! So, you're doing this same itinerary again... that's inspiring. We've cruised the Caribbean but this itinerary has a couple of ports that will be new to us. You'll have to tell what you liked the best. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice to meet you! Amazing- you guys are lucky that you get to cruise so often! So, you're doing this same itinerary again... that's inspiring. We've cruised the Caribbean but this itinerary has a couple of ports that will be new to us. You'll have to tell what you liked the best. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Hi, great to hear back from you both. Yes we love the caribbean and to be honest, the ship is one of our favourites so I don't really care where it's going, I'm happy!

We tend to do a few "resort for a day" visits to some of the nice hotels, we liked the Marriott in St Kitts and Santa Barbara in Curacao was stunning, great beach. What do you have planned so far? I haven't even looked at the ship excursions yet but we don't tend to do many if at all.

Unless it's an island we haven't visited before, your plans such as "resort for the day" are exactly what we'll be doing as well. We love Aruba as an example, we've been there many times and that will definitely be a resort/ beach day for us. You'll have to tell us more about the beaches in the other ports please . That's pretty much our plans too. We generally book excursions while on the ship.

Glad to hear you like the Eclipse, we were all on the Equinox two years ago and enjoyed that ship, and understood these are both sister ships.

• 3 weeks later...
Unless it's an island we haven't visited before, your plans such as "resort for the day" are exactly what we'll be doing as well. We love Aruba as an example, we've been there many times and that will definitely be a resort/ beach day for us. You'll have to tell us more about the beaches in the other ports please . That's pretty much our plans too. We generally book excursions while on the ship.

Glad to hear you like the Eclipse, we were all on the Equinox two years ago and enjoyed that ship, and understood these are both sister ships.

Hey guys, well we've been looking at the ports and still have a couple we're not decided on with our plans yet, like Bonaire. We might take a ships tour here. We docked there a few years but just walked for a bit and I seem to remember a bit of beach, but nothing amazing.

Curacao - we're going for the Santa Barbara resort again with resortforaday.com . We did that before and it's a fantastic hotel and beach there.

Aruba - Thinking of doing the Occidental Hotel/beach with resortforaday again.

Barbados - We have a favourite beach club there called The Boatyard, have you heard of it? It's about $15 to get in and includes a drink and lounger, on the most beautiful beach a short taxi ride from the port.

St Lucia - Not sure yet, did you come across anything?

St Kitts - The Marriott day pass is really good for here, we did it before and the beach is lovely. I think it's resortforaday.com again.

St Maarten - We don't really know the beaches here, other than Maho (ex flight attendant here!) so I'm thinking of a trip there.

We like to snorkel and sight see. Are there any openings in anyone's groups, if so let us know.

I am Captain's Club , Elite Plus, stuck somewhere in the middle to Zenith.:D

Kimberly and Shirlee

Edited by tikigal

Hi Markus,

I'll be honest. At first I thought you were kidding with Resort for the Day. We've never heard of it but love the idea! There have been times when we've been to a port that we've visited before and because of that- we wanted to just go to the beach. We'd hire a cab and go. But, with no use of their lounge chairs and our towels, we really stuck out! Was not much fun. I've now checked out their site and it looks good. Some properties you mentioned I didn't see listed for the particular island though...

We love St. Maarten. We often will go to Orient Heights beach there.

*** Hi Tikigal!! Nice to meet you!!!!!!!!

On our last cruise (Dec 3-10) W. Caribbean, we stopped at an Island, took the bus, and unloaded at a so called "resort". I would give it a 1 star, more like a public beach that was overcrowded, and yes, we had to purchase lounge chairs.

Now a day at Sandals or the Atlantis, I would be up for. If you have a Sandals membership, I think you can visit for the day as well. I know Sandals offers Snorkeling , they take you out, unlimited drinks, beautiful pools, etc.

Lets see what resorts are available, because you would have to be first off the boat to really enjoy the experience on the limited time allotted:) in each port.

Can't wait for the trip!

Yes we did the "do it yourself" cab/beach option once or twice and it wasn't very glamorous, especially when everyone else from the ship turned up too!

The Resort for a Day stuff we've never had a bad experience with. They treat you like any other hotel guest, you get checked in, towels given, most are all-inclusive too so you get all your drinks and food.

It suits us anyway.

So we've never heard of Orient Beach in St Maarten? Is it far from the port?

Well, you've definitely educated us on the Resort for the day option. We had never heard of it before and it definitely fits the bill for islands that we've toured- but would still like to get off the ship to enjoy the beach.. We wanted to sign up with them to join y'all at the Curaçao hotel you recommended but it's no longer available. Orient Beach in St. Maarten is just a lovely stretch of beach that also just happens to have a nude beach attached as well! All available to any and all beach lovers.

• 4 weeks later...

Won't be long folks!! We're all looking forward to our cruise and meeting y'all!! Markus - thanks for the suggestion for shore beach and hotel excursions. We've looked at the site you recommended and I believe we'll also book (if available) the same properties you're looking at through the same group. Crossing fingers they're still available.

Hi OwenPA, looking forward to meeting y'all! First time cruising? Wow! I think you'll love it! A terrific way to relax, see various ports of call, and meet nice people. I would look at the shore excursions offered at each port listed with your reservations. Jim and I will probably book our excursions once on board. The only one we are planning to book in advance is a tour in St. Lucia which includes mineral baths and the Soufriere Volcanoes. Also, Markus had mentioned about some beach and hotel combo visits- and we hadn't known about that and it's quite appealing to us. We just booked the Occidental Hotel in Aruba and are looking forward to that. We'll plan to meet you guys at the Friend's of Dorothy get together on board. Usually the time is posted in their daily news letter- and I'm sure it will be in the Martini Bar!!