Tilbury

zib_zib

From memory: You paid the man working the gate as you go in, plus he directs you where to park.

The parking is across from the terminal. I do t recall parking to be a drama. It's driving around the M25 to get there, that's more a drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I seem to remember that there was a shuttle bus from the car park. Allow plenty of time to get to the port especially if you are travelling on the M25 and using the tunnel for the traffic can be very heavy. Also remember to go on line to the toll fee.

So what I think you are saying is that,

1. I drop our luggage, my partner and friends off.

2. Then go and park the car in the ports car park

3. Then catch a bus back to the terminal and meet up with everyone

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please allow me to piggy-back on your question with mine: I will also be boarding in Tilbury in December but going to port by public transport (some companies offer transportation for Fred Olson pax but none would offer an option from central London to Tikbury). Planning to take the train from Fenchurch Street to Tilbury. would I need a taxi to the Terminal or is it walkable? Thanks!

Please allow me to piggy-back on your question with mine: I will also be boarding in Tilbury in December but going to port by public transport (some companies offer transportation for Fred Olson pax but none would offer an option from central London to Tikbury). Planning to take the train from Fenchurch Street to Tilbury. would I need a taxi to the Terminal or is it walkable? Thanks!

Hi

This link might help - it says 10 minutes by taxi from the station to the cruise terminal

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/before-you-cruise/Cruise-Departure-Ports

Have a great cruise

Hi,

Thanks. I had seen it before but it does not mention if it is walkable distance (I am fearing long queues for taxis, etc)

Thanks

According to Google Maps it is a 23 minute walk - not great if you are carrying luggage. You could look up local taxi on the internet and book it to meet you off the train but I think if a cruise ship is in there will be a few taxis available.

Good luck

Many thanks for the pics. It gives me an idea of what to expect. A few years ago there used to be a local bus which would go from the station to what used to be the terminal station (Tilbury Riverside). But cannot find any indication that it still exists. Normally it would not bother me much but it is in December with its shorter cold days...