Cozumel, Mexico

Pengo0809

We're taking our family of 5 (kids ages 7, 5, and 9 mo) on a cruise that will make a stop in Cozumel, Mexico. My oldest is beyond excited and won't stop talking about Mexico - because he wants to see someone play maracas. Now that I've received this specialty request...does anyone have any thoughts on where I can take him in Cozumel where he can watch someone play maracas?

There will be locals dressed up on the pier wanting you to take pictures with them (for a tip of course). There was a little band set up one time we where there and they had someone playing maracas. We where there one other time and they wasn't there then. I'm not sure if they rotate on a schedule or not. There are several places you can purchase maracas in the port shops.

We're taking our family of 5 (kids ages 7, 5, and 9 mo) on a cruise that will make a stop in Cozumel, Mexico. My oldest is beyond excited and won't stop talking about Mexico - because he wants to see someone play maracas. Now that I've received this specialty request...does anyone have any thoughts on where I can take him in Cozumel where he can watch someone play maracas?

If you are docking at Puerta Maya, they have always had a mariachi band inside the pier and your son can see them there. You can also buy maracas in the pier for $1 each. I'm a music teacher and always buy a ton of them for my classroom.