Transylvania Extension Tour

biotech

I will be on the Viking Eastern European Odyssey next June and am considering taking the Transylvania tour after the cruise. Has anyone done this extension tour with Viking or any other river cruise company? As I will be travelling solo next year, I would like some feedback on whether this tour is worth the 150% fare that I will have to pay.

We enjoyed Transylvania very much last September when we did a customised tour with a private guide. Peles, Sinaia and Bran were a delightful glimpses of the Romanian Royal family and the charismatic Queen Marie early last century. Sighisoara and the surrounding Saxon villages with their exquisite churches, horse-drawn carts were amazing.

Can't speak for the land tours of Viking or any other company. We are not large group tour people and found the bus tours from the cruise ships rather disappoonting.

I just booked the same cruise for September 2010 and will be anxious to hear your cruise review. I booked the Bucharest/Transylvania extension for pre-cruise and am very excited about it. Everything I've seen so far in reviews, online sites, etc. have been pretty positive.

I looked up the hotels and they look good.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will likely book the extension to Transylvania as I doubt that I will be back to this area anytime soon and I have heard that the countryside is beautiful:-) It's pricey because I'm travelling solo this time but with the rise in the Canadian $, it just got a bit cheaper;-)

• 6 years later...