Copenhagen

missbarb

I spent three nights in Copenhagen prior to sailing on the Getaway. The sites are spread around town and there is poor sinage to the sights.

I enjoyed the canal cruise. You can catch the Netto boats at Nyhaven for 40 crown. It has a narrated sailing around the harbor and thru part of Christiana. I tried several restaurants around Nyhaven. The food is mostly bland fish and potatoes. The wait staff was young and indifferent to customer service.

Rosenberg Castle is on the edge of town and interestng to explore. It has some crown jewels. It can be reached by a HOHO bus. They had poor service too.

Tivoli Gardens was a disappoinment. I did not stay to see it at night because it did not get dark until 10:00 pm. It was small and did not have much entertainment.

The Little Mermaid is mostly small. The park behind it, Kastellet, is worth taking some time to explore. It was a working fort, moat system, windmill, and some old churches. At dusk, some large birds roost there. You can get on HOHO at the Geflon fountain.

I stayed at Babette Guldmen hotel. The room was small and cheaply furnished. I enjoyed staying there. It was a quirky place with a good bar and restaurant. They had good food and service. It is on Bredgade across the street from Kastlellet.