Ocho Rios Private Tours

thinkink27

This will be our first time in Jamaica and want to do a little bit of everything. Looking for a little island tour, maybe something like Blue Hole and then the beach before we go back to the ship. Just wondering if anyone has had any recent experience lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used Liberty Tours and absolutely loved them. They did a tour, took us to the Blue Hole and to Scotchies for lunch. We found them on Trip Advisor because of their wonderful reviews. You can contact Ricardo Riley at libertytoursjamaica.com. He was quick to respond to us and so easy to work with. We never felt unsafe and overall it was one of our best excursions ever. Hope you have a great time! We can't wait to go back.

• 5 weeks later...
We used Liberty Tours and absolutely loved them. They did a tour, took us to the Blue Hole and to Scotchies for lunch. We found them on Trip Advisor because of their wonderful reviews. You can contact Ricardo Riley at libertytoursjamaica.com. He was quick to respond to us and so easy to work with. We never felt unsafe and overall it was one of our best excursions ever. Hope you have a great time! We can't wait to go back.

So far, I've read some great reviews about Liberty Tours. I sent them an email and they responded right away. Now working on getting our group to agree on the things to do.

We are using Travel Jamaica Tours when we are on the Breeze in July.

Got the referral right here at cruise critic. Errol is taking myself and 2 daughters all around the island. Koroko falls and park, lunch, beach, shopping etc. About 7 hours for $230. Super nice guy. Can't wait

• 2 weeks later...

We used Mark Morris and had a wonderful time. We took a private tour with him as we were 16, and went to climb the falls and then river tubing. Both were a lot t of fun. Much better than ship tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Konoka Falls is very nice and a more relaxing alternative to Dunns River Falls - much better for older people with a beautiful garden, - a hidden gem of a tour guide, super nice person and a safe driver: Suzette - was impressed by her impeccable reviews.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g147312-d6438271-Reviews-Suzette_Tours_Jamaica-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

We are going to Ochos Rios in January and would like to do a horseback ride and Dunn's River Falls. There are only a couple of private tours that offer both. Has anyone used Excursions In Jamaica (Karandas Tours)? They have excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. Also, I see that Peat Taylor and Sons has very good reviews as well. If you have any experience with either of these please let me know.

Thanks!

We just got back from Ocho rios . We used Marvyn Gales tours and abosolutely loved it. We had a group of 33, all age ranges from kids to party guys, everyone had a great time...it was one of the highlights of the cruise. You can find them on the web, really easy to book and they are also quick to reply.

I came across this tour as well and am really interested, but the no refund policy makes me hesitate. What if the ship is delayed (I know it rarely happens)? What if there are torrential rains? I hate to pay in advance and have no options, but I also don't want to wait until we get there to book. I know how pushy everyone is around the port in Jamaica and don't want to deal with that. Any advice??? I think I overthink everything! Lol

So far, I've read some great reviews about Liberty Tours. I sent them an email and they responded right away. Now working on getting our group to agree on the things to do.

• 2 months later...
We used Chris Jamaica Tours. He was excellent. He took us to the Blue Hole and to Scotchies for lunch. After lunch, he dropped us at a free beach. I would recommend him.

We sailed on the Vista in September. We booked Chris Jamaica Tours as well. He took us to the Blue Hole, and then we went river tubing...then to a flea market. It was such a great day!!! I highly recommend Chris!!!

Glad you found someone good!

We booked with Marvyn's Paradise Tours and they were excellent! Terrific private driver, great service, flexible on times and schedule, all costs quoted upfront - I'd use them again in a heartbeat!

We sailed on the Vista in September. We booked Chris Jamaica Tours as well. He took us to the Blue Hole, and then we went river tubing...then to a flea market. It was such a great day!!! I highly recommend Chris!!!