First time DCL - June 2015 Alaska WONDER

CanuckonaBoat

So many questions!

How do I find out the schedule for dinners? (when is the Alaska night menu, Golden Mickey etc...)

On the Alaska cruise - is there a pirate night or the pixar night?

What night should we do Palo? I don't want to miss the more special dinner evenings for main dining.

I think i've understood that we will rotate dinners in the different restaurants. How do we find out the rotation?

What's the big deal with animators palate night? I saw somewhere that it was recommended that we don't miss it.

Character breakfast? is this guaranteed? do we automatically get tickets? Or do I have to sign up somehow?

THANK YOU!!!!

So many questions!

How do I find out the schedule for dinners? (when is the Alaska night menu, Golden Mickey etc...)

Here are the Navigators from the Wonder's last Alaska cruises.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2015/09/personal-navigators-7-night-alaskan-cruise-itinerary-a-august-24-2015/

No Pirate night due to environmental concerns

What night should we do Palo? I don't want to miss the more special dinner evenings for main dining.

See the link above for Navigators

I think i've understood that we will rotate dinners in the different restaurants. How do we find out the rotation?

The dining rotation is given to you at the port.

You can request a rotation by calling DCL if you booked thru them or ask your TA to do it for you.

What's the big deal with animators palate night? I saw somewhere that it was recommended that we don't miss it.

Do you want a spoiler? I would wait and find out personally!

The Wonder Animators show is unique to the Wonder

Character breakfast? is this guaranteed? do we automatically get tickets? Or do I have to sign up somehow?

You have to sign up for Character breakfasts at Guest Services on embarking.

Tickets are free, but it is a ticketed event. I believe it is Disney Junior Characters and not the Fab 5 anymore.

THANK YOU!!!!

Answers in RED

ex techie

thank you!

And yes- I do want a spoiler. We are traveling with a wide range of family members who might prefer to dine elsewhere on certain nights if they are not into that night's dinner theme/entertainment.

Ok, quick synopsis, the walls, pictures and the whole restaurant are black and white when you walk in.

Then the restaurant turns into color along with a sound and light show and videos played on large tv screens. Also the waitstaff costumes change to color after the show.

Here is a short video:

Or a longer 17 min one:

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Your 2015 title is very confusing.

There is little or nothing you need to worry about in terms of on board stuff. The best part of Alaska will come in the shore excursions--research what you want to do and prepare for a truly amazing cruise.

Dinner--there are 3 "signature menu" nights--one in each restaurant and 4 "theme" nights when all restaurants will serve the same menu. The navigators from previous cruises can give you an idea of what your schedule will look like, but each cruise is a little different. BUT, by the end of the cruise, each person will have rotated thru the same experiences.

At check in you can get the Welcome Aboard Navigator which will tell you where to get the complimentary tickets for Princess and Frozen meet and greets as well as the character breakfast. It will also tell you whether there is a 50mb free internet package if you sign up on the first day, as well as anything special to your cruise.

Whether you do excursions thru DCL or privately, this is not the cruise to skimp on. Enjoy doing what looks good to you!

***** goodness. I didn't even notice. it was late at night! I'm still having a hard time remembering that we're already in 2016.

Thank you again - this is good information.

we are very excited about the excursions -and are exploring which ones we should do. So much to see and do!!

***** goodness. I didn't even notice. it was late at night! I'm still having a hard time remembering that we're already in 2016.

Thank you again - this is good information.

we are very excited about the excursions -and are exploring which ones we should do. So much to see and do!!

Excursions obviously depend on ages and interests as well as finances. We did a whale watching excursion that was just incredible. Saw humpbacks bubbling, orcas almost flirting with our boat, etc. The wildlife and scenery everywhere is amazing....a bus ride along the road might show a bear ambling along. Daughter had a list of what wildlife she wanted to see and we saw all except one! Yes, more to do than you have time for....but enjoy.

Just want to add to earlier responses...

• what dining have you selected?
  • unlike other cruise lines the evening show for the second feeding is when the first dining starts. This way the seconding dining people don't need to stay up late to catch the shows. I prefer this as clothes are cleaner for the formal night. That is photo's occur before you can get food stains on your formal wear.

• I prefer the second feeding... especially for the debarkation morning as it allows me to get hour to sleep before the breakfast.... especially since you lose an hour from the time zone change. Great for night owls who want to sleep when the corridors are quieter after midnight.

• Your animator's palace will occur one of the first three nights.
  • some will book Palo on the second cruise to avoid that chance of missing the animator's palace. However I remember the final nights had something special too (ie crab night).

• Parrot Cay is the least fav of the three restaurants. Some will change their reservations to Palo on this evening during embarkation when the assigned time is released.

• some choose to do a late Palo lunch on Tracy Arm day. Although the meal ends before you get to see Sawyer.

Finally.... hope you booked extra days at your bonus port of Vancouver. Lots to see there.

Unfortunately - I dropped the ball on booking my cruise early. I just booked this week - and my only option is LATE dining. I don't even think we can make it with a 3 year old and 1 year old (we won't be leaving them at the nursery or club). We can't even keep them up late even if we wanted... they just crash out.

Good to know about Animators Palate on the first 3 nights. And that Parrot's Cay is a favorite.

My dad is traveling with us for my birthday and to be with grandkids but is NOT into Disney. So I want to take him to Palo on the night that it might be too much "Disney" at dinner.

Since this is our 1st disney cruise - we have no priority for reservations when they open - we'll just have to see what's left but want to make an informed decision. I'm sure my dad won't want to miss the Alaska Menu on night 6!

We've been to Vancouver before - so we might go early/stay longer to do things outside of the city - more outdoorsy/nature oriented.

First, wait list main SEATING (not feeding). There is a good chance that you can be moved before the cruise starts. If you are not moved, take the kids to dinner in strollers. If they fall asleep, you wheel them out and back to the room when you have finished eating. Feed them when they get hungry--food is available from room service or the pool deck outlets.

Generally, the first three nights are the signature menus BUT this can change due to ports or whatever. Basically anything on DCL can change!

Yes, if you have late dinner you go to the early show and vice versa.

And the restaurant, as OP correctly stated is Animator's Palate, not "palace."

You can book Palo in advance and then change the reservation after boarding if you don't like the way it fits with your dining rotation. I've gone to the location for "dining changes" and told them that they could change our rotation or our Palo and it didn't matter which--do whatever worked better for them. They will take care of it and make every effort to give you whatever you prefer.

Thanks for the correction on Palate.

Unfortunately - I dropped the ball on booking my cruise early. I just booked this week - and my only option is LATE dining. I don't even think we can make it with a 3 year old and 1 year old (we won't be leaving them at the nursery or club). We can't even keep them up late even if we wanted... they just crash out.

Good to know about Animators Palate on the first 3 nights. And that Parrot's Cay is a favorite.

On embarkation day... check with guest services on where they are processing dining changes. It was Triton's on my trip. The earlier you go, the easier it is to make dining changes or put you higher up on the wait list. I recommend going there before the embarkation lunch (or while the rest of the family is at the trough).

To clarify... you are rotated across all three restaurants each sailing night. Animators will be on one of those three nights. But it's your first Animator's night that you get to see the parade. That's the night many choose to be there. Parrot Cay is the LEAST fav of the three restaurants. As a result, it's the recommended night for swapping to Palo once you know the assigned nights on embarkation day.

[YOUTUBE]oZIOEucNUog[/YOUTUBE]

Otherwise, go to Palo for lunch.

Edited by xlxo

We've been to Vancouver before - so we might go early/stay longer to do things outside of the city - more outdoorsy/nature oriented.
Not sure when you were last there.... some ideas on outdoors/nature...

• Have you heard about the Breakfast w/ the Bears on Grouse?
  • Sea2Sky gondola is a new attraction that offers alpine hiking trails
  • Whistler has a Peak2Peak tram. There's also a zipline attraction that rockets passengers between the two mountains (Sasquatch).

Some activities may not be suitable for young children.

To get you started in your research....

https://www.grousemountain.com/products/breakfast-with-the-bears

[YOUTUBE]XyFPg0DYywk[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]RJZcYalXkPg[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]N0w_TTUWV4I[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]pef4MFSJtBI[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]ZZulmMsTXNU[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]_BCzKWh9Yt8[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]N3opExGBunI[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xlxo