Alaska excursions

marley

Well, if they are doing Alaska on DCL, they are on the Wonder. It is the only ship that can go thru the canal!

When you are able to book excursions, you should see that DCL offers a couple of kid oriented ones that are only available thru Disney (no other company has them).

We worked thru a company called Shore Trips which gave us much smaller groups than DCL. On one excursion it was just our family and the guide modified things slightly after asking my daughter what she wanted to see. NOW, it was not intended to be "just us," but we were the only people who booked thru them!

Whale watching was amazing.

Totem Bite State Park you can probably skip--they have reproductions of authentic stuff, but it wasn't really a great excursion. On the other hand, the public bus ride is $1 per person each way and there are free guides at the park (live people + handouts). The only thing the people who booked thru DCL got that we didn't was a cup of hot chocolate!

I would Google the activity you're interested in plus Alaskan city you'll be in. Booked helicopter ride up to dog sledding tour. Met van outside at appointed area. It then proceeded to return to ship and pick up those passengers! It was back in 2010 so comp name and exact $ fail me but it was def way cheaper than CCL $. And I knew I wouldn't have to worry about returning late to the ship when I saw the other guests. And I think you can buy a ticket for the train yourself in Skagway

Edited by Luvmypetz