Helsinki: Concerts on the Esplanade

I know that noon time concerts are often scheduled on the Esplanade, but I can't find any online performance schedule. Can someone point me in the right direction for a list of July concerts?

On a related note...

For anyone who is a big Sibelius fan, the Helsinki Music Center is having a daily concert in honor of his 150th anniversary , but the price is 39.5 Euro for a 45-minute concert. The price is driven up by lots of bells and whistles like a CD, a non-alcoholic drink after the concert and a booklet.

The stage has a website: http://www.espanlava.fi/en/

Thanks. I clicked on the link and got the dreaded 404 error message. After doing another search to see if there was a replacement working URL, I went back to the URL you provided. Even though I was still getting the 404 Error Message, I clicked on the "Events" link. Happily, that worked and I was able to use the calendar successfully. I now know that on our day in Helsinki, we have a choice of the same concert offered at two times during the day.

The Esplanade Sibelius concerts are free in contrast to the other Sibelius concert taking place daily at the Helsinki Music Center.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Thanks. I clicked on the link and got the dreaded 404 error message. After doing another search to see if there was a replacement working URL, I went back to the URL you provided. Even though I was still getting the 404 Error Message, I clicked on the "Events" link. Happily, that worked and I was able to use the calendar successfully. I now know that on our day in Helsinki, we have a choice of the same concert offered at two times during the day.

The Esplanade Sibelius concerts are free in contrast to the other Sibelius concert taking place daily at the Helsinki Music Center.

Ah, sorry. Now double checked the URL and apparently their english front page is at http://www.espanlava.fi/en/home

Ah, sorry. Now double checked the URL and apparently their english front page is at http://www.espanlava.fi/en/home

Thanks for the follow up. Reading the English home page, I got the precise location of the stage so your new link was very helpful. But this new knowlege creates a new question.

Kappeli restaurant appears to stop its lunch service during the summer. The message on the lunch web page says there will be a summer break until 10 August. The cafe appears to remain open through summer lunch, but it also seems to be located closer to Market Square than to the Esplanade stage. Am I understanding the restaurant's web site?

Are there places benches or chairs placed on the Esplanade for concert listeners? If not, what are our options?

Again, thanks.

Thanks for the follow up. Reading the English home page, I got the precise location of the stage so your new link was very helpful. But this new knowlege creates a new question.

Kappeli restaurant appears to stop its lunch service during the summer. The message on the lunch web page says there will be a summer break until 10 August. The cafe appears to remain open through summer lunch, but it also seems to be located closer to Market Square than to the Esplanade stage. Am I understanding the restaurant's web site?

Are there places benches or chairs placed on the Esplanade for concert listeners? If not, what are our options?

Again, thanks.

Here is a google maps satellite image of the place: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Espan+lava,+Pohjoisesplanadi+1,+00130+Helsinki,+Suomi/@60.1675453,24.9504175,141m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x46920bcf21029681:0x7d687859db70ba74!6m1!1e1

There are a couple of rows of benches right in front of the stage. On the other side of the pedestrian walkway is restaurant Kappeli's terrace. The terrace has both restaurant and cafe/bar areas.

To my understanding they are definitely not closed. During summer holiday season they are just not offering a separate (and cheaper) lunch menu as there are both less workers coming to eat lunch from nearby offices and an abundance of less price sensitive one time customers such as tourists. They are offering their normal á la carte list also during lunch time.

Here is a google maps satellite image of the place...

There are a couple of rows of benches right in front of the stage. On the other side of the pedestrian walkway is restaurant Kappeli's terrace. The terrace has both restaurant and cafe/bar areas.

To my understanding they are definitely not closed. During summer holiday season they are just not offering a separate (and cheaper) lunch menu as there are both less workers coming to eat lunch from nearby offices and an abundance of less price sensitive one time customers such as tourists. They are offering their normal á la carte list also during lunch time.

Thanks. Your explanation makes perfect sense. I think we're ready to enjoy a wonderful visit to Helsinki.