Speculation: Fantasy After November 2016

cruisexlife

I know we've all wondered after we saw the deployment schedule!

On Friday November 4th, 2016, the Carnival Fantasy comes into Miami after a 4 night cruise to Key West and Cozumel. That is the last cruise recorded for the ship. In the next week, the Carnival Fascination will replace the Fantasy on this route. All of the other ships (minus the Miracle and Splendor), have schedules past November 2016. Many have asked John Heald what will happen to the Fantasy, and he says that she will in fact stay in the fleet...

So what are you guys speculating? Maybe she'll start a short cruise program from Fort Lauderdale? Reopen ports such as San Diego or Mobile? Maybe run 2 or 4 night cruises from West Palm Beach?

Or on a bigger level, get Sunshine-d, and run longer Caribbean cruises? Or get revamped and head to China? Or maybe Australia?

What are we all thinking!? Feel free to leave a response, let's get the conversation going! :p

I know we've all wondered after we saw the deployment schedule!

On Friday November 4th, 2016, the Carnival Fantasy comes into Miami after a 4 night cruise to Key West and Cozumel. That is the last cruise recorded for the ship. In the next week, the Carnival Fascination will replace the Fantasy on this route. All of the other ships (minus the Miracle and Splendor), have schedules past November 2016. Many have asked John Heald what will happen to the Fantasy, and he says that she will in fact stay in the fleet...

So what are you guys speculating? Maybe she'll start a short cruise program from Fort Lauderdale? Reopen ports such as San Diego or Mobile? Maybe run 2 or 4 night cruises from West Palm Beach?

Or on a bigger level, get Sunshine-d, and run longer Caribbean cruises? Or get revamped and head to China? Or maybe Australia?

What are we all thinking!? Feel free to leave a response, let's get the conversation going! :p

I have been wondering about this one too. I think if she just gets a basic drydock then perhaps a short program from Ft Lauderdale could be the most sensible home for her. I doubt San Diego since they are having to sell the Long Beach cruises on Inspiration and Imagination so cheap. I really expected one of them to move from Long Beach to San Diego. And I doubt they would reopen Mobile at the same time they are increasing 4/5 day capacity in New Orleans with the Triumph replacing Elation. I am still very shocked at the move to make Valor sail such short cruises at such low prices. Perhaps she could move to Port Canaveral to do a 3/4 day schedule and leave Valor to run a 4/5 day schedule.

I would love to see her get a major overhaul, or Sunshine-d as you put it, without a major increase in capacity that has plagued Sunshine. Then I could see her even possibly starting a year-around program from Norfolk. She could really move anywhere for that matter with a major upgrade. I doubt China since Carnival Corp seems to be letting Costa take the lead in the Asian market. Australia would be less surprising since Carnival Corp has increased its capacity there with Princess on the higher end of the market, perhaps Fantasy would fill a role on a lower end.

I am hoping for a nice overhaul and a 4/5 day schedule out of Ft Lauderdale but we will have to wait and see!

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with Fantasy! Hopefully we will find out soon where she will be going, I really would like to see her In PC to do short cruises, because the Valor is too big of a ship to be doing such short cruises to the Bahamas! Or it would also be nice for her to start short cruises from Ft. Lauderdale. And I don't think they would send the Fantasy to China, such great competition out there! You got the Quantum of the Seas out there and some beautiful Princess ships dominating! I'm sure Fantasy will stay on the East Coast, maybe they will do new things with her, such as maybe Cuba?? Only time will tell, and hopefully they will have something big in store for her! Hopefully she will have a nice overhaul to make her appealing to cruisers and make her look new again!! :D

Edited by Alexv500

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with Fantasy! Hopefully we will find out soon where she will be going, I really would like to see her In PC to do short cruises, because the Valor is too big of a ship to be doing such short cruises to the Bahamas! Or it would also be nice for her to start short cruises from Ft. Lauderdale. And I don't think they would send the Fantasy to China, such great competition out there! You got the Quantum of the Seas out there and some beautiful Princess ships dominating! I'm sure Fantasy will stay on the East Coast, maybe they will do new things with her, such as maybe Cuba?? Only time will tell, and hopefully they will have something big in store for her! Hopefully she will have a nice overhaul to make her appealing to cruisers and make her look new again!! :D

We always seem to agree on everything Alexv500! I think Carnival is so ready to get to sail to Cuba! Congress will have to change the laws for that to happen though, right? Good luck with that happening with a Presidential election season coming up! Once Cuba opens up though, they will need a ship doing short programs to Cuba out of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale for sure, and possibly Port Canaveral and Tampa. There will be a huge demand for those short cruises!