Table Assignments

reklawr

It has always been a wonderment to me how they do it! I am usually seated with people around my age group and I wonder how they know that---most of the travel agents I used have never seen me. I have generally been pleased with seatings. When it seems BAD, I see the maitre d" after dinner and ask for a change. I can be a bit embarrassing when I might run into these people again, but really, why should we have to feel badly when it could have been a bad situation. A bad situation to me is: a couple who were very drunk and made it clear this is how they spend their vacation, two couples together who did not speak English.

When I had to do table assignments for up to 400 people a few years ago I did it this way. I looked any info I had on them. Ie age, sex, where from, smokers, non-smokers ect. Then I would proceed like this room will devided according to how many smokers/non-smokers there are (ratio). Smokers were usually largest group so near ventalation. Couple A 40, Couple B 42, both are smokers okay they are at table 3. Table 40 is for non-smokers only. Have 12 single people all but two are smokers, so put them at two of the middle tables. This sort of thing is done all the time.

Now we do not worry to much about langage because they will tell us if there is a barrier within the first day. When you filled in your info at the start they requested info such as wedding date, ann and birthday. They do try to match some things such as this info. Travelling with companions or alone. They also try to put ages together sothat some of your experiences will be the same.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal

Archived