Flight Seat Booker

Patsy Flower

I understand from P & O that they are currently experiencing problems with the flight seat booker for some of the flights to the Caribbean in January.

Apparently the seat booker did open but was then closed down due to technical problems.

Does anyone know what the problems were and when the flight seat booker will be re=opened?

I understand from P & O that they are currently experiencing problems with the flight seat booker for some of the flights to the Caribbean in January.

Apparently the seat booker did open but was then closed down due to technical problems.

Does anyone know what the problems were and when the flight seat booker will be re=opened?

Hello Patsy,

Our flights were available to reserve at 00.01 in the early hours of Saturday morning. I was unable to complete our reservations booking (it kept coming up with an error message, just after it asked if I wanted the same return seats). I booked by phone just after 9am on Saturday and P & O said the site was working again when I spoke to them on Monday.

One peculiarity: if you are booking Premium Economy to the Caribbean with Thomson, it seems that there are only 49 seats in the cabin and that cabin is usually full. P & O 'block' certain seats 'for medical reasons', meaning that, although you ARE guaranteed a seat in the cabin, there are less seats available to reserve, than there are passengers booked. Unless you are very quick off the mark, it seems a bit ridiculous to pay any extra to reserve the last few seats dotted around, when you know that you will get one of them, anyway?

We always try to book premium cabin and do pay the extra to reserve specific seats ...the two by the windows. They do go quickly though as most people travel in twos and seem to prefer them. The middle rows are in 3 s and it tends to be that single seats are left to be allocated at the airport.

Hi,

I assume that you are on a flight towards the end of January.

As far as I know not all flights have been affected with the problems regarding the seat booker.

I booked and paid for my seats but as yet my personaliser has not been updated.

P & O have assured me that the problem will be resolved but how long does it take for a company as large as P & O to sort out a technical problem?? Too long in this case.