Web Check In

Hendricks Clan

Does any one else have problems with this on the USA site? It keeps telling me my confirmation numbers are invalid. I've also tried adding it to my MSC Area dashboard but because I booked through a travel agency it won't allow me to add it there either. Seems the MSC website is lagging far behind the other lines.

Hi,

I had just had problem with web check on on UK site, kept asking me for ID numbers even though I added passport number, just emailed MSC with booking number who sorted it next day

Thanks so much! Just sent an email to the customer service email.

When I talked to customer service and then my travel agent who spoke to the same customer service rep we were told that the reservation could not be added until final payment has been made and then by the TA.

This of course it's different than any other cruise lines that I have dealt with but customer service said that this was the Italians way of doing it. Don't know if you had made final payment or not but in case you were in that situation nothing you can do until final payment through your TA

When I talked to customer service and then my travel agent who spoke to the same customer service rep we were told that the reservation could not be added until final payment has been made and then by the TA.

This of course it's different than any other cruise lines that I have dealt with but customer service said that this was the Italians way of doing it. Don't know if you had made final payment or not but in case you were in that situation nothing you can do until final payment through your TA

I have made final payment. When I try to do the web check in I get "Error Wrong Booking number." We I log into the My MSC Area, I get: "Reservation booked through Travel Agent and cannot be added. Contact booking agency."

Im just going to give them a call on Monday.

Does any one else have problems with this on the USA site? It keeps telling me my confirmation numbers are invalid. I've also tried adding it to my MSC Area dashboard but because I booked through a travel agency it won't allow me to add it there either. Seems the MSC website is lagging far behind the other lines.

I've always been able to do the "Web Check-in" as soon as the cruise has been booked and I have a booking reference. It did not matter whether I booked via a TA or direct with MSC.

However no MSC cruise I've booked through a TA has appeared on the "MY Dashboard" , even after full payment. so any prebooking of drinks packages, excursions etc. had to be via the TA.

NB. I'm UK based, but I don't think that makes a great deal of difference in this instance.

Pete

What I have since found out- I had assumed that since I couldn't add the reservation via the dashboard that it wasn't there, but when I selected on line check in I was able to access it. The only thing that you cannot do online if you have gone via an agent is to prepay for items, those have to be done Via the agent