Volos excursion

sho

I am interested in Oceania Rivera cruise calling at Volos.

I note that the ship will arrive at Volos at noon and depart at 8pm, and the Oceania offers an excursion to visit Meteora manasteries which are about 2 hours drive away.

Will there be enough time for the sightseeing?

In reading the description of the tour, it only visits 2 monasteries so there should be time to see them.

When we did the same trip by private tour we found that 20-30 minutes at each was time enough unless you are a real scholar of Greek monasteries. We found that two were enough to get a flavor of the monasteries. Except for the nunnery there is a long steep hill to climb to get to the others. Many people pass on the climb. It is an exercise but worth it for one stop.

As I remember 2 hours is a little generous although they may stop for a bathroom break.

I presume with a noon arrival you will not have lunch included. Perhaps they will stop for a "snack" on the way back.

We haven't been on O yet but we did a cruise on Cunard that stopped at Volos. I was trying to find some info on what to do or see nearby and finally decided to take the ship's excursion to the Metora monasteries. I don't remember exactly how long it took to get there but I would think it would be closer to a half hour, give or take, each way. We went to two monasteries and stopped for lunch. It was the only thing I could find to do at the time. Volos is an industrial port and in my research, I couldn't find much to do on my own.