British Colonial Hilton with Small Kids

seejanecruise

We are headed to Nassau at the end of the month, and still haven't decided what we'll do while we're there. There will be 4 adults (29-65) and two small children, ages 4-years and 9-months. We were originally planning on Atlantis, but it's a little out of budget right now. We have been trying to find something to do that doesn't require a taxi, as to avoid loading/carrying carseats. I found the British Colonial Hilton is walking distance from the pier. So- to anyone who's been: is it family/child friendly? Also, what were your general opinions? Worth the money?

Thanks! :)

We are heading there in a couple weeks with a 3yr old. Everything I found before booking was that it was family friendly, a bit more quiet and not a party destination, and the staff were nice to kids. We booked there for the same reasons of it being walking distance.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We are headed to Nassau at the end of the month, and still haven't decided what we'll do while we're there. There will be 4 adults (29-65) and two small children, ages 4-years and 9-months. We were originally planning on Atlantis, but it's a little out of budget right now. We have been trying to find something to do that doesn't require a taxi, as to avoid loading/carrying carseats. I found the British Colonial Hilton is walking distance from the pier. So- to anyone who's been: is it family/child friendly? Also, what were your general opinions? Worth the money?

Thanks! :)

The Hilton is a business hotel in the middle of town with a small private beach and pool. Children are allowed, but there's not much to do but play in the water and sand. There are a couple of pail/shovel sets. It's a very quiet and serene location and generally relaxing. If this is what you are looking for with your family, then go for it. If your kids need more entertainment or are noisy... this isn't the place for you.

My then 3-year-old son I went to the Hilton in Nassau a couple years ago on a day pass during a Carnival cruise. It was perfect for his age. While the beach is small, the water is calm and clear - perfect for a small child to wade and splash around in. Plus the pool was nice and the restaurant had kid friendly items. Definitely recommend and walking from the ship was a breeze.