Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!
Due to sail on 'DREAM' in a few weeks.Would welcome comments from previous cruiser's of this itinery re quality of the shore excursions.Hi, Donny.
We're on the Dream 27th July and did a similar cruise on Spirit a few years ago. Had a fabulous time. From what I remember, this is what we did:ROSIEBEE - Stop worrying about recent posts re 'Dream'.Have been following progress on this for 2 - 3 weeks and the latest news I have is that things are back to normal (that from someone who is currently aboard) LOOK FORWARD AND ENJOY
We've been very disappointed in the comments made on the Dream and have tried hard to change our holiday, but can't. So, we're putting negative thoughts behind us and concentrating on all the lovely places - and lunches - we're going to enjoy. Hope you have a great time!
- Villefranche - we wanderered around and had lovely lunch, then took the little runabout train up to a vantage point and had great views over the bay. This time we're taking the real train to Cannes or Nice.
- Livorno for Florence- Didn't get into port last time, bad weather, but this time we will take a Thomson coach in and then just have a wander round.
- Rome - Took Th coach in to St Peter's and then hopped on a red tourist bus as far as Coliseum. Didn't go in but used map to walk to Forum, Navarone Plaza?, Trevi Fountain, and other landmarks. Had lunch and walked back to St Peter's and spent time just browsing around the outside of Vatican.
- Corsica - Strolled around on our own, trying to picture Madame Bonaparte calling Napoleon in for his tea! Had lunch.
- Palamos - Not on last trip
- Palma - Bus in from outside port. Wandered around and had lunch
- Tunisia - Not on last trip
- Naples - Thompson Trip. We chose to do the train ride to Sorrento, guided walk around then time on our own [lunch]. Next train to Pompeii. Guided tour round plus some time on our own. Well worth the money.This time we are looking to do Herculaneum.
- Sardinia - Not on last trip . Our Anniv so hoping to do something special
- Barcelona - walked up Las Ramblas, took tube to Cathedral[totally amazing], very long queues so we just gawped at the outside. Eventually found Gaudi's house and then went for, yes, lunch. This time I want to go on one of the hop on - hop off buses to see a bit more. But we'll still look for somewhere for lunch.