Clothing from Venus.com

millercat

Just wanted to see if anyone had purchased any of their clothing and what they thought.

I saw a couple of dresses I liked. They are very inexpensive, which is great, but I was wondering about sizing and quality (I don't expect much for the price but I don't want them to fall apart the first time I wear them)

I did do a search but all I could find was posts on swimwear.

Thanks for any advice

Laine

I've bought clothing from Venus a few times, the quality is okay & holds up satisfactorly but the sizing is a chore. I found a few times the Mediums tend to fit more like smalls and larges tend to fit more like extra large. Then again occasionally I've ordered something and it fits just like it should.

Do be warned...some of the dresses/skirts look longer in the pictures than they actually are so be sure to check out the hem lengths first. I think the sometimes use really short models or something. I bought a really cute color block dress last summer and when I tried it on it was sooo short it didn't even cover by bottom...on the model it came just a few inches above her knee!

Another site to check out is Body Central the prices are comparable to Venus but the clothes always fit perfectly.

I've bought clothing from Venus a few times, the quality is okay & holds up satisfactorly but the sizing is a chore. I found a few times the Mediums tend to fit more like smalls and larges tend to fit more like extra large. Then again occasionally I've ordered something and it fits just like it should.

Do be warned...some of the dresses/skirts look longer in the pictures than they actually are so be sure to check out the hem lengths first. I think the sometimes use really short models or something. I bought a really cute color block dress last summer and when I tried it on it was sooo short it didn't even cover by bottom...on the model it came just a few inches above her knee!

Another site to check out is Body Central the prices are comparable to Venus but the clothes always fit perfectly.

I've had the exact same experience with Venus. The sizing is just off but the clothes is pretty good quality. I order from Victoria Secret a lot and I'm usually happy with it. I've never ordered from Body Central though they always send me a catalog and they do seem to have a lot of cute clothes.

Thanks for the advice.

I did order 3 dresses and paid for 2 day air so if they don't fit I will still have time to reorder the right sizes before our cruise. I did find out that if you exchange for a different size they do not charge you shipping.

I am going to check out the other site and see if I can get into a bit more trouble.

Laine

O.K., now I'm a little concerned. I too ordered from Venus (4 dresses), some in specific sizes, and others in a medium, based on their size chart in the catalog. My order should arrive tomorrow, so if I need to send them back for larger sizes, I still have time to exchange. I have ordered swimsuits from Venus in the past, and love their quality, and the sizing seemed to be accurate, so I didn't hesitate to order from their clothing line. We'll see!

I have ordered from Body Central in the past, and the beautiful turquoise & orange tropical floral maxi dress will be going on my Oasis cruise with me. Just a heads up, their largest size is a 12. The quality is fine, based on the one dress I've ordered.

I'll hold good thoughts for the both of us!

Dru

Dru,

if you can, let me know when you get your order what you think about the sizing.

I am concerned about 2 of the dresses I ordered. One seemed form fitting so I ordered the 10, it's a hip thing :o

And then I was ordering a medium of another dress and the person I spoke with on the phone said that it ran very large so if I normally would wear a medium I should order the small.:eek:

Hope yours turn out ok!

Laine

Well you ladies were spot on.

Quality is not bad, for the price I'm impressed.

Sizing is another issue.

The dress I ordered in a 10 I could have worn in an 8 but it is really ok.

One medium fits great, one is a bit snug.

The dress the operator told me to get in a small is cute and if I were 10 years younger it might be ok but not on this old lady :eek:

I like looking sexy not sleezy. It is not about the dress, it's about the fit. I reordered it in a medium and large so that I can hopefully get the right fit to make the dress look good on.

Best suggestion I would have for anyone wanting to order from them is to take careful consideration into the way the dress is made and the fabric. Dresses that are form fitting go up a size, dresses that are a fuller cut follow your regular sizing.

Ordering from them the next time will be a bit easier.

HTH anyone interested.

Laine

Well, I got my order on Tuesday, but didn't try on the dresses until last night. I have to say, I'm not very impressed with the quality of the fabric used. The one dress (navy w/lacy cap sleeves) was made out of what appeared to be t-shirt material. Based on the picture in the catalog, I thought I would be able to wear this on formal night, but it really isn't dressy enough. As far as size, it fit perfectly. The only dress that didn't fit was a cotton stripped shirtdress. I ordered a 10, and it was a little tight in the bust area, otherwise, it would have fit also. To give you an idea of my actual size, I can buy off the rack (Kohl's, Penney's, etc.) and wear an 8, but not knowing how Venus sizes run, I ordered the next size larger, if the dress were in a numbered size. If the sizes were small, medium or large, I ordered a medium.

What's really sad is that I've ordered from their swim catalog quite a bit, and have always loved the quality and the sizing, so it's disappointing that their clothing line doesn't follow suit. Guess I'll visiting Dillard's and Macy's this weekend!

Dru

Archived