Mini Suite on Pearl and/or Jewel.... how to pick quiet room?

BeingMe

Looking at getting a mini-suite on either the Jewel or Pearl to Alaska. I've read some rooms can be noisy and have tried to use the deck plans as a guide to picking a quiet room, but after reading some reviews of the cabins I am lost. Anyone know of a great way to pick a quiet room? I was attempting under the library/card room but worried that is too close to the front and may have too much motion.

Would love some help!

In my experience the best (and cheapest) mini-suites on Jewel class ships are in category MB, the ones under the Italian restaurant's dining area (make sure that it is not too forward, under the galleys, those are noisy at night) - on Jade we had cabins 11626-11630.

That location is very conviniently located close to elevators, only one flight of stairs and you're in the buffet, no extending overhang above, and absolutely no noise from above (the dining room is carpeted).

Edited by Demonyte

All of the mini suites are on deck 11 - along with some SC family suites.

The aft facing ones will have noise from the great outdoors - as well as the occasional litter from said café. They also tear down and clean the area at night and are out early in the morning to set up - you can hear them move the chairs and tables.

Where there is nothing in the middle area (Midships) the pool deck is directly above you - noisy during the day but not so much at night - esp in AK.

Forward under the spa is also a quiet place.

As the previous poster mentioned Port side Aft is under the LaCucina which is closed at night and is only used as an overflow seating area for the Garden Café if needed during the day.

As for getting seasick, the worst part of most AK sailings out of Seattle is the area alongside Vancouver Island - here you are in open ocean. You always sail this section both coming and going.

Let's just say that weather and seas are always unpredictable and you can experience rough seas and bad weather any time during the May-Sept season. and usually once you get behind the barrier islands, the water calms way down. Yet this week both Skagway and Sitka were closed Tuesday due to extreme weather conditions. So it is always a crap shoot. On my last cruise, we went from glassy water in the sound and strait to 6-8' swells as we headed north on day 2. Once we got behind the barrier islands we were back to glassy smooth - but with low overcast and fog. YMMV drastically :D