Carnival and Digital Camera Media Cards

yellow bird

Does the carnival ships have a photo kiosk so you can print pictures from your personal camera or transfer files from your media card to a cd. I was wandering do I need to bring multiple media cards or is there a way to store my media if the card fills up.

Does the carnival ships have a photo kiosk so you can print pictures from your personal camera

We saw photo kiosks on the Conquest and the Ecstasy so I would be willing to believe they are on all the other ships as well. Never used them though.

Does the carnival ships have a photo kiosk so you can print pictures from your personal camera or transfer files from your media card to a cd. I was wandering do I need to bring multiple media cards or is there a way to store my media if the card fills up.

As others have said, they do, hefty price tag to use though!

What kinda of media card yr camera uses? SD, Memory Stick?

If it's SD, you can purchase like a 2GB card for around $25 if you have a Circuit City close by. On my digital camera/camcorder I use 2GB cards, I carry 2 with me and have NEVER ever run out of storage space, you can put 1000s of pics on a 2GB SD card or like 2 hours of video.

Happy cruising

Here's another option. For about $100 you can buy a back-up hard drive for flash memory cards. It is not much bigger than a deck of cards and it can store 40 GB. Each day you can just download your memory card into this device (it has flash memory card slots built right in it) then you have an empty memory card for the next day's use.

I to take the laptop and just dump my cards on there everyday, as well as the kids, they both have digi cams, so I spend a lil time each night dumping cards.

I would like to know where you got the back-up hard drive for flash memory cards? work for sd cards? as well as xd? and memory stick pro?

Also a very good place I get cards from for about half what you can get them in local stores is newegg, I have bought at least 15 cards from them.

Some cameras won't let you use bigger cards than the 1gb or 2gb, so read your specs or call the company that makes the camera before buying the 3 or 4 gb cards and higher.

Debbie

I got it at Office Max. It is called SmartDisk PhotoBank One-Button Backup from Flash Memory Cards. It copy photos from Compact Flash, MicroDrive, Memory Stick, MS-Pro, SD, Mini-SD, MMC and SmartMedia flash memory cards. The only memory card it doesn't read from is xD. That is used in FujiFilm and Olympus cameras. It is battery operated and also has a power adapter.

We were debating taking our laptop to transfer files on the cruise but a laptop takes up more room and is expensive (if lost or broken). The only thing this hard drive does NOT have is a screen to view the photos or videos. It is strictly a storage device.

Archived