Taxis at pier in Barcelona?

Since we are booking are own airfare to Barcelona, I was wondering if it will be difficult to get a taxi at the pier for our return to the airport following disembarkation? Are there many taxis available or is it preferable that we make arrangements on our arrival to Barcelona for a taxi for our return?

Hi cruzincanuck

If you have plenty of time to spare flying home, you can get a taxi from the pier. For your own piece of mind, it will be better if you pre-arrange for transportation to take you back to the airport. Try Angie of taxiinternacional.com. You will not be sorry. Good luck.

Hi cruzincanuck

1:45 is plenty of time. We sailed the Splendour of the Seas last September and I think the ship arrived at port at 7 or earlier than 7 a.m. Disembarkation was very smooth as you don't have to undergo customs. The airport is about 30 minutes or so from the port. I think we were at the airport at 9:00 or 9:30 a.m. and our flight was at 12:55 p.m. You will probably leave from Terminal B so don't forget to claim your VAT tax refund from Terminal A before you go to Terminal B.

:) Let me know if you get a response from taxiinternacional.com. I have contacted them 3 seperate times to no avail. I wish you luck with them but I will be taking it personally if they contact you and not me!!! LOL

Ginger

Queeng and OleMissMom

I will let you know if I receive an answer from them. How long have you been trying to get in contact with them?

Rtrtx2,

VAT is the valued added tax that is included in purchases in the European Union. Foreigners came claim that tax when leaving the EU. There are minimums on the purchases and which are eligible etc..I am not familiar with the requirements.

Hello rtrtx2

VAT (Value Added Tax) is charged on the consumption of products in the European Union, and only visitors resident in other countries are therefore exempt. If you live outside the European Union you can claim back 16% VAT, the tax you pay when you make your purchases. The value of the goods should be greater than 90.16 Euro and should be purchased in the same store. Ask for your tax-free cheque in the store where you are making your purchase, declare your purchases at customs and get your cheques stamped, then cash your cheques at the airport. When you make your purchases at the gift shops on the ship, they will do the paperwork for you on the last day. All the shops on the ship is counted as one store.

Hope this explanation helps.

It has been a few weeks since my first inquiry and a week since my last attempt. Still nada!

The whole VAT thing really confused the heck out of me. Just when I am feeling on top of this Europe travel deal a new thing pops up. lol :o

dogxs.gif.0560a29490c3660d7364ea82956433a5.gif

It's very strange that Angie of taxiinternacion has not responded. I contacted her on January 6 for my cruise on the Millenium - ship to Apsis Atrium and had everything set with her by January 10. We are a party of 6 and she sent us prices for 4 and 6 people with luggage. She quoted for 4 people with luggage from the dock to the airport 35 euros.

Hope this helps.

Janice

Regarding BCN transport, we are using:

Limousines Miramar, S.L.

Plaza Pio XII, 4

08028 Barcelona

Spain

Tel: +(34) 93 503 6800

Fax:+(34) 93 503 6809

E.mail: cars@miramar.net

http://www.miramar.net

They will be picking us up at the airport and taking us to the Millennium in November. We have 4 people and lots of luggage. We have booked a luxury mini-van which takes 6-7 people for 77 Euros. This includes and English speaking guide. They will take cash on the day of transport or you can give them your credit card number. They have been quite prompt in responding.

Good Luck,

Kathryn

Kathryn, thanks for your suggestion. Angie was busy the day we dock in Barcelona and so I appreciate your help with Limousines Miramar. They replied very promptly and I am sure that they will be most helpful in getting us to the airport. Thanks again.

Kathryn and Janet S

I got a quick response from Miramar. Tell me did you provide them with your credit card for the reservation ? and did you get a confirmation? I'm not fond of giving my credit card info when the website/email is not secure.

I was quoted 67 euros for 3 passengers and luggage.

I did give my credit card number just to guarantee the reservation. I gave it through e-mail (not sure if that is even better than giving it on the web). But Miramar did confirm that they got all my information and we are set for our disembarkation morning to the airport. Hope this helps.

Archived