Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Miami

pasto5

I have given up getting any kind of feedback for this hotel from the pre and post cruise board. I was hoping someone here knew something about this place as there are several people on the other board who are staying there in the near future (including me!) I have found that the people on the Carnival board have been the most helpful anytime I have ever cruised. So here's hope!

We stayed at this hotel before our 10/16/04 cruise and we found it to be really a very nice hotel. I think it has been recently renovated and everything appeared to be in very good shape and looked nearly new for instance the carpets in the hallways looked brand new. We didn't use the pool so I cannot comment on that. It's right across the highway from the Hyatt and very close to the free metromover if you should want to get anywhere else around the area. We caught the metromover in the building next to the hotel and traveled on it to the Bayside Marketplace for dinner and walked around for a while. The only drawback I would say to this hotel is its location, Although its not a real bad area I'm just not sure I would want to be walking around the area to much after dark. But that may have just been me being cautious not knowing the area that well. But as far as the hotel goes it was very nicely furnished and we received great service and I would definitely stay there again in the future. By the way I booked this hotel through Priceline and got a very good rate for it and it was well worth the rate that I paid for it. In fact for being only a 2.5 star hotel I would rate it as well or better as the 3 star hotel that I stayed in last year. Just let me know if you have any other questions that I can answer for you.

Stingray

Thanks Stingray,
It is good to hear from somebody that has actually stayed there recently. I was concerned because I got rooms through Priceline for 3 families and wanted to make sure we would be OK staying there. The nightime safety isn't a concern for us since we won't get there until 9pm and are cruising the next day. I feel much better about our trip now!

I will also be staying at the Marriott, in May of 2005.
How far is it to walk to the Marketplace shopping area?
Last time we stayed right across the street from it.
I want to make sure it is a safe walking distance.
Thanks!!

[quote name='corrine schmid']How far is it to walk to the Marketplace shopping area?I want to make sure it is a safe walking distance.
Thanks!![/QUOTE]
It's would be a pretty long walk, but it could be done I suppose, But if you take the metromover overhead tram it will drop you off right behind the Holiday Inn that is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace. That is what we did and you can catch it in the building directly behind the Courtyard by Marriot.

Stingray

Archived