Family Oceanview Cabin 8200 On Explorer

Does anyone have any reviews to share about their experience in this cabin? We are booked for a July sailing and usually stay in a balcony and promenade - teens in one - adults in the other. Uncertain if we made the right decision.

We are doing a balcony & a promenade across from us on our next cruise so that we will have 2 bathrooms and use of the balcony plus the bow window.

If you go to the Royal Carribean website and then the ship and the deckplan, above the deckplan you'll see a box where you can type in your cabin # and do a virtual reality 360 view of the cabin. It looks like it's wider than the normal cabin, with 2 windows, but it might be tight.

You'll get a lot of different opinions on this so your best bet is to go with what your family votes on. :)

If i'm not mistaken this is the same room number we stayed in a few years ago. Is this room number all the way forward over the bridge? If it is we loved this room for all 6 of us. Two separate bedrooms, one pull out couch in the living room, only one bath (the spa had great showers) and full living room with two large windows and one in the big bedroom. Tons of storage space.

Would do this type of room again in a heart beat.

AspiringCindy:

Thanks for posting the link to the photos of Family cabin 8200. I had thought about it as a less-pricey option than the RFS, but wasn't sure if it would be enough room. After seeing the pix, I think we might be able to do it if we are realistic about 4 kids and 2 adults sharing the bath!:eek:

It's just so much less than the RFS that we might consider it vs. two OVs. We'll have to wait until we decide which Voyager-class to take.

Would I be right to think this cabin in particular goes fast because it is unique?

Thanks for sharing!

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?"

They sell out VERY fast! There are only a handful of Family Oceanview and Royal Family suites on the Voyager-class ships! The 8200 happens to be the largest of the FO cabins! Book it while you can!!!

Glad to hear that! That's what we'll be in on the Freedom in October (we booked this room last September)!

• 2 years later...

Archived