Glory 4/30 Review Part 1

This is my review of our 4/30/05 cruise on the Carnival Glory. I'll give you an overall view first. My husband and I went with another couple. This was our fifth cruise, all on Carnival. The other couple had never sailed Carnival. We are ages 43-50.

First of all let me say, don't hesitate to book this ship! I had read some bad reviews before we left, but decided to take them with a grain of salt and judge for myself. I was so glad I did! The ship was beautiful & clean, the staff was helpful & friendly, and the food was delicious.

EMBARKATION - This was really the only half-way bad part of our trip. We live about 2 hours from Port Canaveral so we drove down the morning of the cruise. We like to get to port about 10:30 or 11:00 so we're usually on the ship by noon. The sooner you're on board, the sooner the party starts, right? Well, we got there at 11:00, but found out the ship had gotten there 2 hours late, so that threw everything off schedule. I asked a Carnival rep. why the ship was late & was told it was because of high winds and seas in Progresso. I later found out from several crew members that actually they had trouble with one of the engines and had to have it repaired! We ended up getting on the ship about 1:45.

SERVICE - We had excellent service on this cruise. Our cabin steward, Bennie and his assistant did a great job keeping our room clean, filling our cooler with ice and any other requests we made. Our waiter Frederico and his assistant, Anastasia were the best. Every crew member we encountered was very friendly. When I read about what some people have written about crew members being unfriendly, I have to wonder how friendly they were to the crew.

We will be sailing on the Glory on Oct 1st, so, we really appreciate any review you can give us. We also were concerned about booking this ship, but, we feel that a crusie is what you make of it and we sail with a positive outlook. We have had problems on previous cruises but, we try to overlook the bad. Please finish your review. We will be waiting. After reading your first review, we are getting even more excited!

Archived