Passion Island

kas1234_97

Hey-

I will be going to Cozumel through the carnival cruise line and was wondering if anyone has done the Passion Island Excursion and if so what their review of it is? Also any other excursions. I really want to relax and drink!!! Its been a long WINTER!!

Hi I just got off the Carnival Miracle yesterday & did a 4x4 Jeep excursion to Passion Island & it was the best excursion of our trip. Passion Island is an absolute must do. It was absolutely breathtaking. You see all the postcards of beaches, etc & this could have been one of them. The Island is so quiet & secluded. Tons of chairs to lounge around in. Tons of hanging hammocks under the palms & lots of drink bars to get stuff. They serve you a full mexican lunch that was really good. This place was so great that if I went to Cozumel again I would have to stop here. Here is a link of my photo's I just took. There are some passion Island pics as well:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=15674573906

Hope the link works. Just click "Slideshow" once you click the above link

I was on the Rhapsody the week of 3/20 and we went to Passion Island for our day in Cozumel. Loved it. Beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, good food, plenty o'drinks and enough chairs and hammocks in the shade. Would book that again in a heartbeat. My only complaint - we had to leave! :)

Thanks so much for all of the information. The photos were awesome. I saw you went to Costa Maya, I am going there as well and was wondering what you would reccommend doing there? I have not booked a shore excurion as I am not sure what to do? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Kas,

In Costa Maya we just did some shopping at the pier & then swam in the pool & lounged at the ocean side beach. Some friends took a taxi into nearby Majuhaul (sp?) and could not say enough great things about it. They ate and drank at Tapas in Majuhaul & said it was great as well. I definitely wish I would have went there. Word of advice, if you do plan on doing this try to get off the ship early so you can get right in the taxi line b/c some people waited over an hour for a taxi. You can just ask the several people there to guide you to where you need to be.

Megan

Hey CellGirl,

I saw you post on the Cozumel excursion and looked it up on Carnival's website. It says it does not serve alcoholic drinks. Did that excursion have an open bar? Also, is it worth the few extra $$ to go on the jeep ride? Carnival has another excursion to Passion Island that comes with lunch and an open bar. Just curious we are trying to decide what to do in Cozumel.

Clubbs: The alcohol was served in an open bar setting on Passion Island. You got complimentary rum punch & soda but had to pay for anything else (they had everything). I thought the jeep ride was pretty fun. If you book through Carnival I hope you get Andreas because he was AWESOME. In the jeeps you get to ride through downtown Cozumel & through the town then he takes you in a forest like setting with alot of quarries & rocks, etc. It's fun & I am very glad we did it.

Megan

Thanks so much for all of the information. The photos were awesome. I saw you went to Costa Maya, I am going there as well and was wondering what you would reccommend doing there? I have not booked a shore excurion as I am not sure what to do? Any suggestions? Thanks.

We are just off the boat!! What a let down. I want to go back!!

Costa Maya was awesome. We went to the Chacchoben Ruins through Chacchobenruins.com, I recommend you go with Ivan the first tour group listed. He charges only $43.00 per person. He is new and does not operate through the pier so his charges are less. You contact him directly through his email and he will arrange your tour time. He was born on the ruins site so he is passionate about informing people of the history and culture of the Maya people and their temples.

Passion Island was an expensive way to tan. Great tanning possibilities but at $75 pp a little pricey. The beach is awesome and looks like a postcard. Yes it has free lunch and rum punch but so do most beach club packages for at least half of Passion Island's fee. Our guide was Alejandro and he was great. Very funny and remembered everyone's name! Pretty good for 34 people on our tour. We were joined by 4 other ships groups but you hardly knew there was anyone else around.

F5Loar, the small beach at the pier in Costa Maya is very rocky (or was 3 yrs ago) hard to walk in but it didn't stop the kids, great place to relax. Men had beach chairs in the water drinking their beers :D Was many shops for bargining. The pool is big & free, it was very nice. We have always called Costa Maya a 'hole in the wall' (small town) but we had a great time there & would go back :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just tell your shore ex to email them before you get here. It shouldn´t be a problem. And it is 4 to a jeep...you don´t have to drive if you don´t want to.

Nope...sorry, you have to book through your ship. Can´t do it on your own or through anyone else. It is a privately run island...a long term lease from the government.

• 2 weeks later...

Passion Island is pristine!! As beautiful as it gets as far as beaches. White sand beach, clean, turquoise water, open bar with awesome marguaritas, great food. All you can eat/drink. Hammocks, lounge chairs, bath house, no crowds, quiet. No water toys/noise. Great employees eager to please. No vendors.

Only drawbacks-- took about 1-1/2 hour to get there. By the time I was done eating and drinking and checking out the beach and taking pictures, and was ready to really kick back, it was time to go!:(

Pretty pricey too.

Mostly due to the commute time, am trying to find another beach for our next trip, but hope I won't be disappointed after Passion!!!

Anyone have any suggestions for a comparable experience, closer to dock???

Archived