Caribbean Princess Balcony Quad Cabin

Spender Nui

Does anyone have pictures of a Caribbean Princess Balcony Quad Cabin? If not, can you tell me the layout? My daughter, her husband and 2 kids are booked in this style cabin. I can only imagine that bunk beds are on opposite walls, with the TV and dressing table/desk against the wall closest to the cabin entrance and the center of the cabin open. Any help will be apreciated.

Not all cabins have two bunk bed type beds..one would be a bunk and the other a sofa bed.

here is a photo of one bed./. just to give you an idea. Itr doesnt necessarioy mean that is the way you cabin will be-- it will depend on what cat is booked.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/94776224/1095472290050248351DlJlCZ

Does anyone have pictures of a Caribbean Princess Balcony Quad Cabin? If not, can you tell me the layout? My daughter, her husband and 2 kids are booked in this style cabin. I can only imagine that bunk beds are on opposite walls, with the TV and dressing table/desk against the wall closest to the cabin entrance and the center of the cabin open. Any help will be apreciated.

We were in a balcony cabin (BA) on the Caribbean Princess last month along with our 5 and 6 year olds. I had a hard time envisioning how the room would be set up as well. To my knowledge, there are not sofa beds in any balcony cabins (just mini-suites).

Our lower beds, per our request, were pushed together for my husband and myself and the upper beds (directly above ours) were used by the kids. They came down from the ceiling - not from a wall. Below is a link to our vacation pictures. I have 2 or 3 pictures on the first page of our cabin with the beds up as well as down. (Sorry I can't post links to specific pictures.)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jessicanicholas/album?.dir=6671&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jessicanicholas/my_photos

I hope your daughter and her family has as wonderful a time as we did!

where exactly do the beds pull down too?? I cant figure that out on your photos...is it above the beds on the floor? (did the cabin feel claustrophobic?)

is there a sofa in a reg balcony cabin? or jsut a chair

Online Mom,

Thanks for the pictures and information. They are very helpful. Daughter is in cabin C526, same as yours but on the other side of the ship. It looks to me as if the bunks which drop from the ceiling are located directly over the lower bed. Is that correct? Do they provide ladders for access to the upper bunks?

Thanks for the pictures and information. They are very helpful. Daughter is in cabin C526, same as yours but on the other side of the ship.

Oh cool! I hope they love it! We knew what to expect going in (size of room etc.) - I could see how it'd surprise someone who didn't, though. The cabin was manageable with kids the age/size of ours. It'd be rough with 4 full-sized people, though.

It looks to me as if the bunks which drop from the ceiling are located directly over the lower bed. Is that correct?

Yep!

Oops, I just noticed the ladders on photo # 15 ... but that leads to another question. I can't be sure of what the large white section is. Is it the bunk on its way down?

That white thing is the side of one of the upper beds. The other side of the same bed has a small railing on it (to prevent one from rolling out of it). I think the railing can be seen in picture #14. Hard to explain! Like I said - I spent weeks trying to figure out how a room that size was going to sleep 4 of us - I had to see it in person to understand!

where exactly do the beds pull down too?? I cant figure that out on your photos...is it above the beds on the floor?

Yes - the beds pull out of the ceiling and stop about mid-wall. They were directly over the beds on the floor (and faced the same way).

did the cabin feel claustrophobic?

I wouldn't say that I ever felt claustrophobic - and I honestly thought I would. The room was more difficult to manage when the upper berths were down. It was only that way from after dinner-time until morning, though - during the day, it was fine. The balcony was to-die-for! We spent a ton of time out there.

Is there a sofa in a reg balcony cabin? or jsut a chair

No sofa - just a chair - two chairs, actually. We used the chair at the desk a lot but never the one in the corner (except to hold dirty clothes!).

OK. I think I have it now.

With the bunks up the room is the just same as any other balcony cabin. You wouldn't know there were bunks in the ceiling.

The white thing stays there (part of the ceiling?) and acts as containment to keep the kids from falling out as will the railing on the inside of the bunk.

Thanks again for all your help.

With the bunks up the room is the just same as any other balcony cabin. You wouldn't know there were bunks in the ceiling.

I didn't see any other balcony cabins - I presume it is, though. The only way we knew the beds were up there was because of the locks (that only the room steward, I presume, had keys to) that you could see up on the ceiling.

The white thing stays there (part of the ceiling?) and acts as containment to keep the kids from falling out as will the railing on the inside of the bunk.

Exactly. When the beds were up, you could stand on the lower beds and reach up to the ceiling without any interference - the beds disappear completely when up. Did you see picture #13? That's what the room looked like all day - no signs of the upper berths!

Archived