Bringing water/soda on board

Hello All! Just booked my 1st RCI cruise. W Caribbean out of Tampa for Feb 2015. Scored a great price through the price drop section of Cruise Critic! My question, to the faithful participants of this forum, is are you allowed to bring water/soda on board with you? I've read the RCI website and it doenst appear you can HOWEVER my buddy just returned from the Liberty of the Seas out of FLL and he brought a roll-on cooler with water, soda and ice and had no problems??? Was this just dumb luck or is this allowed?

Thanks in advance!

I took a small cooler with soda and checked it with the porter like a suitcase. Actually, we used the cooler as a carry-on for the trip home. It cushioned some of our purchases well. I had no issues. The soda was obviously still sealed and I didn't try to take a lot on.

Much Appreciated!

I took a small cooler with soda and checked it with the porter like a suitcase. Actually, we used the cooler as a carry-on for the trip home. It cushioned some of our purchases well. I had no issues. The soda was obviously still sealed and I didn't try to take a lot on.