VIDEO Log - Crown Tahiti 2015 - And Other Stuff

ccrain

Hi All.

I have completed the video travelog of the Crown Tahiti 2015 cruise. It’s not really a review, but a 45 minute overview of the places we went, or hoped to go, or have been, and the things we did along the way, the food we ate, the shows we saw, the people we met and the fun we had. It’s my first attempt at a public video, so keep in mind, I’m just an amateur at this…

I’m hoping the mapping aspect gives anyone planning this cruise in the future a better perspective on where things are in the various ports – how far to walk, or how far to ride. The activities and shows are just a small sampling of what we did and saw, but hopefully hits the highlights.

The video and animation is a bit crude as I found out that my ‘powerful’ I7 desktop, just 2 years old, can’t handle 1080P video very well and forget 4k. (So now I need a new computer!)

So, there are two travelog video files in the Google Drive. A standard file which runs on small screen devices. The map labels are a bit harder to read, but the file is only 2GB. The file is at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4U_Mo-ITYDES2l0TW5PTWdoWHM/view?usp=sharing

This file is a 5GB monster in HD. The map labels are much easier to read on fullscreen. This file is at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4U_Mo-ITYDEcDA1SGQ1Y21VOXc/view?usp=sharing

In addition to the two video files above, I have a complete video of Jamie Clarke’s cabaret show. The travelog videos only have one particular cut, and once you see it, you will understand why the one cut:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4U_Mo-ITYDES05WYXBpQ0N0cGM/view?usp=sharing

In addition to the video files above, I have three additional pdf files. One file is a 24MB pdf of all the patters scanned, in B&W, from the cruise. It’s at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4U_Mo-ITYDETEl0T2Nfd0czVUU/view?usp=sharing

I also have two files, parts 1 and 2, of my print review, in pdf, at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4U_Mo-ITYDEM1p4eXlZQXBKWk0/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4U_Mo-ITYDEUW9NSEVkWU16MUU/view?usp=sharing

And on top of all of this, here are a few links that might help you as well. The first is the Shutterfly page created by Mike that organized all of these great tours and people using Shutterfly:

https://oct2015crownprincesshawaiitahiti.shutterfly.com/

Here is the link to the “Live From” thread for the cruise so you can read day by day, what we all did:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2269901

And here is the link to the Part 2, roll call thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2238087

For those technically inclined, the video is produced using PowerDirector 14 and SmartSound, where all the music comes from. The world map animation is Google Earth, the itinerary and patter animation is PowerPoint.

Please Enjoy and feedback is welcome.

Let me know if there are any issues with the links and I will try and fix...

Charles, a true Masterpiece! Thanks so much for putting such a detailed and entertaining video together as a remembrance of such a delightful cruise...so much so we will likely sign up again should they repeat this cruise in October 2017! Regards Deb and "the other" Bill

Charles, a true Masterpiece! Thanks so much for putting such a detailed and entertaining video together as a remembrance of such a delightful cruise...so much so we will likely sign up again should they repeat this cruise in October 2017! Regards Deb and "the other" Bill

All of the lines have this cruise or one similar. I wish Princess would do an Itin similar to Holland America's. Many more smaller islands at the expense of HI.

I think we would probably do a Pacific Princess locally in Tahiti before this cruise again. We really enjoyed the islands a lot and would like to see more of them.

What work you put into such a fantastic log. Can't believe we were on the same cruise.

Nice to see the tours you took but we did't. Also some of the actitivies on the ship.

Yes,we were in the cruise terminal together on embarkation day. They were nut necklace your wife had made,and I referred to it as a bead necklace, shame on me.

Again how great and so time involved to do this video,glad to look and understand some of the postings.

Happy cruising days to you.

What work you put into such a fantastic log. Can't believe we were on the same cruise.

Nice to see the tours you took but we did't. Also some of the actitivies on the ship.

Yes,we were in the cruise terminal together on embarkation day. They were nut necklace your wife had made,and I referred to it as a bead necklace, shame on me.

Again how great and so time involved to do this video,glad to look and understand some of the postings.

Happy cruising days to you.

I just have to remember to NOT take those lei's to Australia. The nuts, no matter how old, are still nuts and tossed in the garbage can...

Charles,

We were on this cruise, as well, and all I can say is "WOW~ and thank you"! I can't believe we've been home a month already after so much planning. Your video brings back very fond memories of my "cruise of a lifetime".

Again...thank you

michele

Charles,

We were on this cruise, as well, and all I can say is "WOW~ and thank you"! I can't believe we've been home a month already after so much planning. Your video brings back very fond memories of my "cruise of a lifetime".

Again...thank you

michele

Glad you enjoyed it! (The cruise and the review!)

Charles, we finally got through reading, viewing and dreaming of our cruise that never was! We have lived the cruise vicariously through yours and everyone's review, pictures and videos. Now all we have to do is wait 22 months for the 2017 Cruise to come around.

We are currently in the process of getting everything arranged so that we can book the 2017 Cruise. Now comes the big favor, "If we decide to do the Shutterfly again, could we get your consent to post the links from some of your linked postings?"

While I really enjoyed doing the Shutterfly, it was only possible because of the "Fantastic Coordinators" that volunteered so much time and effort to take the load off of me. I really appreciated their efforts. The more I read the more obvious it is that we really had a great CC Roll Call. This was the first one that we had been involved in. So I guess that I might be spoiled. :eek:

Just Mike

Charles, we finally got through reading, viewing and dreaming of our cruise that never was! We have lived the cruise vicariously through yours and everyone's review, pictures and videos. Now all we have to do is wait 22 months for the 2017 Cruise to come around.

We are currently in the process of getting everything arranged so that we can book the 2017 Cruise. Now comes the big favor, "If we decide to do the Shutterfly again, could we get your consent to post the links from some of your linked postings?"

While I really enjoyed doing the Shutterfly, it was only possible because of the "Fantastic Coordinators" that volunteered so much time and effort to take the load off of me. I really appreciated their efforts. The more I read the more obvious it is that we really had a great CC Roll Call. This was the first one that we had been involved in. So I guess that I might be spoiled. :eek:

Just Mike

If you're asking if you can link to some of my links, no problem, although with the size limits on the Google Drive some of the stuff might be swapped out. (Especially if we make the 60+ day Emerald cruise next year!) You have my permission to download and use as much of my stuff as you want. It's there for all to see.

If you need me to upload something to your site, I can do that too. Anything that I can do to help.

I hope everything is going well for you and Betty.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Clear Sailing!