Summit MDR menus and dailies?

momoftwo11

I was travelling with my 3 sisters and my husband.

We had the best day at St. George's.

We took the 9:30 am ferry from the Dockyard (very long line - don't be late getting in line) to St. George's and just walked and wandered all around.

The full scale replica of the ship "Deliverance" is directly across from King's Square on Ordnance Island and it was fascinating. We climbed all over it and marveled at how on earth people could have survived sailing on something like that.

We loved the Unfinished Church. When you walk up the hill to the Unfinished Church, be sure to go around to the left side. That is where you can see into the whole thing. The view from the right side of the church is limited.

We also spent a long time in Somers Garden, having our own little photo shoot at the Moongate.

We had lunch at Wahoo's and while it was good, it was also very expensive. The ice tea was $3.75 and the refill on the ice tea was an additional $3.75.

We lingered too long over lunch and arrived back at the ferry and found a line so long that only 3 of our party of 5 were going to get on the ferry back to the Dockyard. We opted to stay together and go back by Public Bus (up the hill to the left of the ferry).

The ferry is a 45 minute trip. The bus took 2 hours and 20 minutes and included a transfer at Hamilton. That bus was packed! It was packed with other cruisers who wouldn't fit on the ferry, it was packed with locals and it was packed with school children going home at the end of the day. It sounds awful but it was a highlight for our little group because those school children were a hoot.