Food ? not cruise related

travlnblueberries

Daughter won a contest for two people to spend a weekend in New York City. Air, Hotel and a dinner at one of Ramseys resturants. Wife and Daughter went on and on about the menu, how great the food was, etc.

Since the cost was nothing, maybe that jaded their views a bit. If they would have had to pay, the bill would have been close to $300.00 plus tip.

Sorry. Probably not much help. Just their story.

• 2 weeks later...
Daughter won a contest for two people to spend a weekend in New York City. Air, Hotel and a dinner at one of Ramseys resturants. Wife and Daughter went on and on about the menu, how great the food was, etc.

Since the cost was nothing, maybe that jaded their views a bit. If they would have had to pay, the bill would have been close to $300.00 plus tip.

Sorry. Probably not much help. Just their story.

Thank you for responding. I was wondering if it was as good as I expected.

Never been in one of his restaurants. I imagine it would be very good. I've only gone to famous Iron Chef restaurants (Morimoto and Jose Garce) but those were definitely amazing and worth the money. We don't mind an occasional $200-300 bill for dinner for two.

• 2 weeks later...

have eaten at Plane Food at LHR - ok food, terrible service - expected more from a Gordon Ramsay restaurant, even if at an airport!

have eaten at Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's. Great dinner, great service, well worth the $$ if you truly enjoy both excellent food and service and don't mind the price. It runs about 70pounds for dinner, plus drinks.

will be eating at The Savoy Grill and Restaurant Gordon Ramsay in a few weeks before our next cruise.

• 4 years later...