MSC Orchestra ship and balcony 12169

jorisbr

Hi everybody,

I booked a cruise on the MSC Orchestra end of October 2016 in the Mediterrenean to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.

It will be our first cruise on the MSC Orchestra. Any information on the ship and its a'enities as well as on our cabin, balcony 12169, would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I was on her for 28 days from March 22nd March to April 19th just gone.

to date I've been on 14 MSC cruises and spent a total of 133 nights on board their ships

I've posted a review and have a bar menu but it is the Caribbean version, which will be different to the Mediterranean menu. I'll scan the menu and post it a little later today.

Cabin 12169 should be the same as the cabin in my review

Here is a link to my review, I hope you read it , and enjoy it and get some useful information out of it

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=11371.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
I was on her for 28 days from March 22nd March to April 19th just gone.

to date I've been on 14 MSC cruises and spent a total of 133 nights on board their ships

I've posted a review and have a bar menu but it is the Caribbean version, which will be different to the Mediterranean menu. I'll scan the menu and post it a little later today.

Cabin 12169 should be the same as the cabin in my review

Here is a link to my review, I hope you read it , and enjoy it and get some useful information out of it

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=11371.

Pete

Thank you for your review it is very helpful. I notice you wore a Dinner Jacket .....I read somewhere that the dress code is quite relaxed. Can we still "dress up" in the evening without looking out of place? Also do you think the food is better in the buffet than the MDR?

Jenny

Edited by themadnana

Thank you for your review it is very helpful. I notice you wore a Dinner Jacket .....I read somewhere that the dress code is quite relaxed. Can we still "dress up" in the evening without looking out of place? Also do you think the food is better in the buffet than the MDR?

Jenny

Yes, we were wondering about dressing formally. If we don't look out of place I will take my husbands tux and a dress for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The dress code is "suggested" each day on the daily planner. It includes

Gala

Informal

Casual

and,

Themed nights

such as

a)60s,70s,80s

b)Red White and Green (Italian Night)

c)White

d)Masquerade

c)Costume

I always wear a Dinner Jacket on Gala nights, mainly because I like wearing one and secondly, it's the British thing to do.

On occasions there have been only a handful (3 - 6) other men wearing DJ, whilst on different occasions there have been around 20% in DJs with most of the remainder wearing lounge suits.

It is very much down to Itinerary. There have been more people in DJs on the repositioning cruises I've been on.

For Med. sailings it's usually 50 - 60 % in lounge suits and a few DJs.

In the Caribbean not many made the effort and smart casual was the most likely dress of many of the guests.

So if you like getting dressed up , do it, you will get a lot of admiring looks and a few that say " who do they think they are?".

The crew will be in their Gala night uniforms and many will tell you how good you look. They appreciate that some people do make the effort to adhere to the dress code.

If the weight of your luggage is a problem then formal wear is a luxury that can be left behind. If it isn't then I would say go for it, and even if you stand out from the rest it is for a good reason and you can feel good about yourself.

Food.

I tend to eat in the MDR and just use the buffet for some of the lunches, the other lunches I take in the MDR ( lunch is served , waiter service open seating in the MDR every day). The food was good on both locations for lunch.

You can also take breakfast in the MDR , again waiter service, and getting a table is no problem. The buffet for breakfast can be a bit of an ordeal finding a table unless you are very early or in just before they shut.

I didn't eat in the buffet in the evening so can't draw a comparison.

I did think that on the odd occasion the food in the MDR wasn't as good as I've had in the past, but that seems to me to be a one off thing peculiar to that particular itinerary I went on. At least I hope it was.

Don't be afraid to change a dish if you don't like it or, if there are two items you like on any particular course eg Main course, when there were King prawns and Duck breast among the offerings, I had both

likewise desserts you can have them all if you want.

If you have the Allegrissimo package then they have very nice dessert wines available (a choice of two) that they don't seem to make you aware of.

I hope this helps you and don't be afraid of asking and other questions and I'll endeavour to answer them for you

Pete

Edited by Skier52