Jewel of the Seas – Southern Caribbean – April 29 – May 6, 2018

Texas
654 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
I am in awe of your packing expertise. We carried on once on a 7 day Celebrity cruise out of Miami. I took one pair of shoes and wore one. I hated not having more shoes. This was a little easier than RCCL because Celebrity not longer requires jackets for men and DH could get by with a nice long sleeve shirt and a tie. We still struggled. We now take one checked spinner bag each so that we can walk on and off the ship with all our luggage. Very few people can take that many shoes in a 21 inch. I applaud you. It was a great review but you had me at the luggage description.
Thank you
Columbus, OH USA
31,225 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by QCAZ
San Juan, Puerto Rico; St Croix; St Maarten; Martinique; Barbados; Grenada; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Sailaway: 8:30 pm. “Let’s Get Loud Sailaway Party” with DJ and entertainment team poolside. Was lively and a lot of fun ….. lot of line dancing.

..........more to come

I'm just now finding your review! It was great sailing with you and the rest of our roll call! Now to re-live the cruise again!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1st cruise 4/29/06 RCCL Voyager of the Seas. - Eastern Caribbean.
2nd cruise - 5/11/07 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas. MOTHER'S day cruise!
3rd cruise - 4/27/08 Freedom of the Seas -Western Caribbean. Freedom's 100th cruise!
4th cruise - 4/16/09 Navigator of the Seas - Cozumel/Belize.
5th cruise 11/15/10 Majesty of the Seas - Key West Nassau.
6th cruise -5/1/11 Allure of the Seas Eastern route 30th anniversary cruise
7th cruise 4/14/12 Jewel of the Seas Cozumel Costa Maya
8th cruise 4/28/13 Allure of the Seas Eastern route
9th cruise 10/28/13 Majesty of the Seas Halloween in Key West
10th cruise 5/3/14 Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean
11th cruise 4/26/15 Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean
12th cruise 4/30/16 Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
13th cruise 10/17/16 Majesty of the Seas 4 day from Bahamas
14th cruise 4/29/17 Adventure of the Seas ABC islands.
15th cruise 9/18/17 Majesty of the Seas Irma shortened cruise
16th cruise 4/27/18 Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean

91 nights at Sea
8 different ships
21 days on an Oasis class, 19 days on a Voyager class, 19 days on a Radiance class,
19 days on a Sovereign class ship, 14 days on a Freedom class, .

Columbus, OH USA
31,225 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Meet &Mingle: Ours was on Monday (Day 2 )at 4:00 - 5:00 pm Vortex, deck 13. Notice was in our room when we returned from dinner on Day 1. We did attend, unfortunately some were late in getting there as had excursions that didn’t get back until 4:30, but at least were able to pop in at the end. It was nice to meet some of the people that had been chatting with on our roll call; we had a great roll call. Cruise Director stopped in for a bit.

I was one of those who showed up at the end, glad to see a few of you still there. Royal always has trouble picking a time for the M&M on the southern routes with only 1 sea day. I would have preferred 4:30 to 5:30. No Door prizes for me, but it was nice meeting Andrea the CD. Very charming fellow new to Royal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
3rd cruise - 4/27/08 Freedom of the Seas -Western Caribbean. Freedom's 100th cruise!

91 nights at Sea
8 different ships
21 days on an Oasis class, 19 days on a Voyager class, 19 days on a Radiance class,

Columbus, OH USA
31,225 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Thank you for following along......that's it folks!

Great job on the excursions description Sherry. We might try one of those in Martinique if we go there again. Wish we had went to Dominique. We hope to sail with you a 3rd time. Give my best to the AZ cruisers gang.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

91 nights at Sea
8 different ships

Arizona
192 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Originally posted by SHIP TRAVELER
I am in awe of your packing expertise. We carried on once on a 7 day Celebrity cruise out of Miami. I took one pair of shoes and wore one. I hated not having more shoes. This was a little easier than RCCL because Celebrity not longer requires jackets for men and DH could get by with a nice long sleeve shirt and a tie. We still struggled. We now take one checked spinner bag each so that we can walk on and off the ship with all our luggage. Very few people can take that many shoes in a 21 inch. I applaud you. It was a great review but you had me at the luggage description.
Thank you
Thank you. Packing has always been a challenge and with the airline restrictions makes it even more so ... plus just the time in checking and retrieving our bags .... figured there has got to be away .... and no concerns of lost luggage. We did a 7 day Liberty out of Galveston and did check one 24” for the two of us with our evening wear, extra shoes and whatever else, plus the 21” and 15” but then worried if it would make it (it did). If you haven’t tried packing cubes and packing folders highly recommend it..... amazing how much more fits... I had several things didn’t even wear. Shoes are always a problem .... but I found that the little flat ones will fit in between the rails for the handle both down the middle and sides, then tuck-in the others wherever there is a space. I also had two pair in the 15” underseater. I will admit that both pieces were stuffed. The 21” is a spinner and the 15” has wheels but sits on top of the 21”. Mine is Samantha Brown and though it is really cute doesn’t roll all that great once packed so fully. DH’s is Travelpro (which is what I had for years and loved) and his rolls great. I will be replacing mine with Travelpro before our next airline/cruise trip. RCCL does not require men to wear jackets so nice shirt and tie will work (though DH took one). Of course a lot depends on where you are traveling to ... Caribbean is easier.... not sure I could do it if going to a cooler climate .... but would try

Glad you enjoyed the review and thank you for your comments!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sherry

Arizona
192 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Originally posted by BillOh
I'm just now finding your review! It was great sailing with you and the rest of our roll call! Now to re-live the cruise again!
Thanks, was nice sailing with you and our roll call. Yep, always nice re-living the cruise ..... just goes by so fast .... but great memories!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sherry

Arizona
192 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
I was one of those who showed up at the end, glad to see a few of you still there. Royal always has trouble picking a time for the M&M on the southern routes with only 1 sea day. I would have preferred 4:30 to 5:30. No Door prizes for me, but it was nice meeting Andrea the CD. Very charming fellow new to Royal.
Bill, I know and I felt bad ..... you were the one that started the roll call and kept the excitement going ..... thank you for that definitely 4:30 - 5:30 would have been better, but at least you made it for a bit and glad you were able to connect with CD Andrea.

Great job on the excursions description Sherry. We might try one of those in Martinique if we go there again. Wish we had went to Dominique. We hope to sail with you a 3rd time. Give my best to the AZ cruisers gang.
Glad you liked the excursion descriptions ... hope is helpful to those looking at things to do ..... hard to find much info on them .... at one time at least could get reviews on RCCL excursions but that feature has been removed it seems. If we return to Barbados would definitely do the catamaran you did .... that just sounded awesome. Hope to sail with you again!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sherry