Alcohol on Royal Clipper

reic0002

Hello, I've heard that you cannot take any alcoholic drinks on board ship to drink in your cabin (although some post seem to dispute that). can anyone who has recently been on board tell me what the latest situation is? many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the RC March 6-13 and brought some rum in small bottles in our luggage without problem plus brought a pint bottle in one of the ports with no problem. Also our cabin steward brought us ice each afternoon after my wife asked for it the first day, so we were set. Drinks were indeed pricey in USA dollars....about $8 for a mixed drink and $5 for a .5 liter Belgium Weizen bottle beer or $2.70 for draft beer maybe 10 oz. I think a soda like a coke is about $2.50 (?). Bartenders were nice. The amount of alcohol in a mixed drink is a 3 second pour from tube spout thing.....not a lot.....so definitely not worth $8. Also the least expensive wine in evening dinner meal is $21 (14 euros) for either red or while in a pretty sailboat painted bottle; but the wine was just OK, nothing special and definitely not worth $21. But you can drink two glasses out of the bottle, and they will hold the bottle for you for your nexst meal.....so that is about $5 per glass. The wines they had recommended in the evening menu were typically 25 or 35 euros.

Archived