Emmylou re:southbeach

mcboo

Emmylou,

Regarding South Beach Resort it was fine staff was friendly however I didn't enjoy the location that much either all that construction and the Chefette next door was not great.

However if you took a right when leaving the hotel there was a nice french bakery for breakfast just past the pharmacy that was quite good.

Donna aka Cruisecrazyone told me she had met you onboard and enjoyed visiting with you.

Did you have a disco night on your sailing.

The crowd we had was wild and was dancing all the time.

mcboo:):):)

mcboo

Donna is a great lady and hubby Jerry is a fine gentleman we enjoyed thier company a lot very friendly couple.

We were at the pharmacy I forgot to pack my hairbrush and we went down to the pharmacy to get one,if we had seen a bakery we surely would have went in. The breakfast in the resturant connected to South Beach wasn't anything to write home about.

I don't know about the Disco everyone we talked to seemed to go back to thier suite after the show.

We really did enjoy the Pride though and the staff and crew. The Captain gave Alan private tour of his bridge he called it his Star Wars.

What happened on your trip back home.

We had an incident with US Air on the way to Barbados.When we got to the

airport they claimed Alan's ticket was reportd stolen and a refund had been issued it took them an hour and a half to resolve it so we could board the plane.It is a good thing we took them up on getting to the airport two hours before taking off or we wouldn't have had our boarding passes in time to make the flight.

emmylou

Emmylou,

The American issue was as follows.

We called American prior to heading to the airport on the return from Barbados. We were told that everything was fine and to get to the airport at least two hours early. When we checked in for the flight we were advised that the flight was late leaving Miami and would be in shortly. We sat in the Barbados airport for at least 3 1/2 hours. There are certainly better airports to be stuck in. The plane finallly arrived and did a quick turn-around with a rather less than gracious flight crew.( We were flying first class and may have been better in coach). We made up a little bit of time and they assured people on the plane that we would make our connections. WRONG!!!

We arrived in Miami and tha Captain came on and said that he pleaded for a new gate because we were so late and that the walk to Immigration would be about 2 miles and that the majority of the passengers on the plane would miss their connections.

We taxied and the new gate was occupied we sat there for 30 minutes and then guess where we ended up. RiIGHT!!! The furthest gate away.

We then went on the trek to Immigration which was a nightmare.

After that wonderful experience we had the trek to baggage claim and had to wait 30 minutes before the belt started to move.

Finally bags arrived and we headed to the connection recheck to discover that of course we missed the last flight back home and we had to go up a level with all the bags and just about everyone that was on our flight.

When we got to the next level we were told to go get in a certain line if we had missed our connection.

We were in line with approximately 700 of our new best friends all who had missed their connections. When we finally made our way to the helpful and couteous staff at the American Airlines counter (NOT). They booked us on the next flight out the following morning at 10:30am.

We were very pleasant to the agent and were offered a hotel voucher and food credit for the Holiday Inn Coral Gables. (YUCK) I advised the agent that we were flyong first class and would at least like to have the Sofitel.

She was tired and getting ready to go home and I am sure had heard more than she wanted too. She said that is all she had.

We then went outside to wait for the shuttle and people in line after us had gotten the Sofitel. It appears that they work in order of the cheapest price that they have and then go from there. Glad I wasn't first in line I may have ended up at the Days Inn.

We we got to the hotel they had no non-smoking rooms left.

The restaurant at the hotel did stay open because they were swamped and we spoke to the bartender that said that American does this all the time.

Sorry going on way too long here. Hope some of the other Seabourn sailors post about this they were all in line too.

Just a rotten way to end a great Seabourn Experience.

I am getting off my soapbox now.

mcboo:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Archived